What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Duke - I Love the Blues, She Heard My Cry (1975) used LP. I'm absolutely loving this! Vintage mid-70s funk/fusion with some classic blues thrown in at the end. Several members from Zappa's band help out. Great stuff. RIP Sir Duke.

G Duke.jpeg

Lindsey Buckingham, Go Insane (1984) -- Haven't listened to this in ages and found a copy on the cheap this weekend. Still a fun listen despite the typical mid-80s production. Would be a good candidate for remastering and surround treatment. Quite a bit of panning going on between the two speakers already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindsey Buckingham, Go Insane (1984) -- Haven't listened to this in ages and found a copy on the cheap this weekend. Still a fun listen despite the typical mid-80s production. Would be a good candidate for remastering and surround treatment. Quite a bit of panning going on between the two speakers already.

I used to play this (on LP) when I was A DJ in an FM station from 84-86...bought it a few years ago and it's a great record!

My fave of his though , is the 1st one, "Law and Order"

The release of that album was interesting. The vinyl split in two "Play in the Rain" (Part 1 ends cold). On the original CD edition (and presumably subsequent pressings), the song is in full--no breaks. Fine album and I agree, would make a great surround title, though it didn't sell nearly as well as his first did, though they're both very fine and justify the guitarist's need to pursue a solo career.

ED :)

Great Album.....Snood love me some Slow Dancing. Not one of his easier to get into releases....my friends hated it and Snood loved it. Saw him live last year greaaaaat solo just him show.

The release of that album was interesting. The vinyl split in two "Play in the Rain" (Part 1 ends cold). On the original CD edition (and presumably subsequent pressings), the song is in full--no breaks. Fine album and I agree, would make a great surround title, though it didn't sell nearly as well as his first did, though they're both very fine and justify the guitarist's need to pursue a solo career.

ED :)

Well, the curious thing is that, on side A of the LP the music keeps going IN THE INNER GROOVE!!! I synched it with side B almost perfectly....

I barely remember that album..I do remember Trouble....time to catch up on it now

[video=youtube;8l7CyDd4Ev8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l7CyDd4Ev8[/video]

Phish-Fuego.jpg

On my weekend in Baltimore I visited my favorite record shop "Soundgarden" and displayed on the wall was the 2LP 180g vinyl of this effort.
Needless to say, I took it home with me! :smokin

I think it's been YEARS since I've seen a movie and wanted the soundtrack (I think it was "Martha meet Frank , Daniel and Laurence" in 1998!...btw I never could find a copy of it)..
This one was out of left field---I really enjoyed the songs here...and Keira is not a bad singer!
View attachment 15979
Well, it just so happens that there was a MAJOR screw up in the pressing plant (EDC in Germany) because , even though the CD was PERFECTLY silkscreened with the "Begin Again" Credits and all the info, the contents is

JOAN BAEZ "DIAMONDS AND RUST" !!!!!!
:mad:@:

We put it in the Mac and it kept telling us (the Gracenote database) it had 11 tracks , when there are 16 on the OST-and that it was JB D+R...so I HAD to listen to it to actually go...WTF??????
It IS Joan Baez!!!!!!

The Amazon person in the chat was very nice and I gave him the Matrix and UPC nos. so that when they send me the replacement CD it is really the Begin Again OST!!!!

Well, it just so happens that there was a MAJOR screw up in the pressing plant (EDC in Germany) because , even though the CD was PERFECTLY silkscreened with the "Begin Again" Credits and all the info, the contents is

JOAN BAEZ "DIAMONDS AND RUST" !!!!!!
:mad:@:

You should keep it as a collectors item.

-Kristian

Counting Crows - Somewhere Under Wonderland CD

New release..........not so impressed. Nothing tooooo catchy.

An OK listen in the car, but not amongst their best

Queen-Live at the Rainbow 74.........Grateful Dead-Wake Up To Find Out(Nassau Coliseum,Uniondale,NY 3/29/90)

These two showed up yesterday. I discovered that when I checked the tracking today. Woops!

Attachments

• all_about_that_bass.jpg
    all_about_that_bass.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 158
Robert Plant - lullaby and the ceaseless roar (LP and CD). Best Plant release in years and painful sound, even the vinyl is painfully compressed. It is worthy because of the music, I must have listened to it 10 times this week!
How could Bob Ludwig master this record so badly?

I guess that since I got it by a major screwup from the pressing plant, I might as well listen to it...
Joan Baez- Diamonds & Rust
R-865681-1344912896-7418.jpeg

Digging her sense of humor...her imitation of Bob Zimmerman on "a simple twist of fate" is really cool...

Aerosmith-A Little South Of Sanity(cd in the padded case)it only was $1.99 used btw.

Last edited:
Kap'n, with your excellent musical tastes, take a few more listens to Children & All that Jazz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfrzO5n_yoE and Dida (duet w/Joni Mitchell). Although Joan is a folkie, this is her most commercial album with lots of great jazz players. Joe Sample, who we lost last week, is one. Here's the whole list:
Larry Carlton – Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar, Arranger, Producer
Dean Parks – Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar
Wilton Felder – Bass
Reinie Press – Bass
Max Bennett – Bass
Jim Gordon – Drums
John Guerin – Drums
Larry Knechtel – Piano
Joe Sample – Electric piano, Hammond organ
Hampton Hawes – Piano
David Paich – Piano, Electric harpsichord
Red Rhodes – Pedal steel guitar
Malcolm Cecil – Synthesisers
Tom Scott – Flute, Saxophone, Arranger
Jim Horn – Saxophone
Joni Mitchell – vocal improvisation
Rick Lo Tempio – Electric guitar
Ollie Mitchell – Trumpet
Buck Monari – Trumpet

I guess that since I got it by a major screwup from the pressing plant, I might as well listen to it...
Joan Baez- Diamonds & Rust

Digging her sense of humor...her imitation of Bob Zimmerman on "a simple twist of fate" is really cool...

Back