What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken: You should start with the Audio Fidelity's then at normal retail price.......the worst feeling is being 2 years late to the dance. If you use Importcds.com you save some cash. Fill up on some of those from the past that can still be had for inexpensive prices.....Elton John, some Dylans, Allmans, etc. John

I would like to go in the opposite direction and start an SACD collection, but starting is daunting unless you luck into somewhere to start. None of the thrift stores or flea markets or music stores seem to have them. I hate to go nuts online cause its a slippery slope of spending.

I really wasn't that into Isleys back then. I did pick up Live & Harvest on used SQ a few years ago. I also got the 5.1 SACD, which is what got me into them. Nancy, a GF was into them back in the day. I got It's Your Thing and their early 60's stuff.

Get ALL of Earth, Wind & Fire in Quad. You won't be disappointed in the music or the mix.

I need to rebuy Musicmagic. I got it when it was new. It was such a comedown for me with Gayle Moran, instead of their previous lineup. Not a bad mix, as i recall.

Santana Festival is a great album, musically. It is truly a missed Quad opportunity. Not quite Quad.

Lovely story Linda, thank you for sharing. Poor George, I imagine he's up in the great used record store in the sky now!

Do you have the Isley's "Heat Is On" and "Go For Your Guns" Quads?
If so, how are the mixes? TIA! :)

Ken: You should start with the Audio Fidelity's then at normal retail price.......the worst feeling is being 2 years late to the dance. If you use Importcds.com you save some cash. Fill up on some of those from the past that can still be had for inexpensive prices.....Elton John, some Dylans, Allmans, etc. John

Very good advice, there's still quite a lot of Surround SACDs that can be picked up cheaply.

I mustn't be too jaded about it since I'm now chasing things on SACD that seem absolutely out of reach of a mere mortal like me but it is tough.. I'm constantly teetering on the brink of quitting while I'm behind but don't let that put you off getting into SACDs, Q8! :D

I really wasn't that into Isleys back then. I did pick up Live & Harvest on used SQ a few years ago. I also got the 5.1 SACD, which is what got me into them. Nancy, a GF was into them back in the day. I got It's Your Thing and their early 60's stuff.

Get ALL of Earth, Wind & Fire in Quad. You won't be disappointed in the music or the mix.

I need to rebuy Musicmagic. I got it when it was new. It was such a comedown for me with Gayle Moran, instead of their previous lineup. Not a bad mix, as i recall.

Santana Festival is a great album, musically. It is truly a missed Quad opportunity. Not quite Quad.

Thank you so much! :)
(I'm on the EWF SQ case now!)

Is Festival a poor mix?
(You're right, it is a great album!)

Now you are all making me want to pull out my copy of Head To The Sky tonight.

Maybe the previous lineup wasn't into "scientology"? I notice l ron hubbard gets a thankyou in the credits.strange indeed.

How's the mix, Q8?
..Nice and discrete?

It's been a while since I've spun it and I only spun it once, but if I remember right, pretty descrete. I remember the song Head to the Sky being the high point of the album being surrounded by the pretty vocals.

It's been a while since I've spun it and I only spun it once, but if I remember right, pretty descrete. I remember the song Head to the Sky being the high point of the album being surrounded by the pretty vocals.

Thanks matey :upthumb I can see I've just got to get this one!

It's like Amigos and some of the late Columbia Quads: done "on the cheap." It's a non-Quad!

Oh.. such a shame to hear that..

is there a QQ list or thread of such fake Quads?

Ideally keen to keep the standard as high as poss to begin with and then only get these types of lesser mixes later when I still want to get things I'm into musically regardless! (If that makes any sense? Sorry.. Knackered.. Zzzzzz..!! :eek: )

Talking of "Fake Quads" apparently there are sealed copies of Stereo LP re-presses in Quad sleeves..! :yikes

(I've just ordered a sealed EWF/Way Of The World SQ that I now fear may be one of these fakes.. :( )

The offending titles to steer clear of are:
Sly Stone - High On You,
Harold Melvin - Wake Up Everybody,
Earth, Wind & Fire - That's The Way Of The World

DAMMIT JANET..!!!!!! :mad:

Article here:

https://quadraphonicaudio.wordpress.com/2009/07/12/ton-fornof-handy-info/

Hi. All
Just got in today a couple more SQ LP`s - ( CBS SQ Leonard Bernstein Mahler-The Song Of The Earth )-( Atlantic SQ The Brilliant Variety Hit 40 2LP set ).Bill....

picy1.jpg
picy2.jpg

Two more QS releases en route:mwwcJrrs1kV57jD_rpmlABg.jpgs-l140.jpg Johnson & Drake "Carry It On", and the musical "Dude- A Highway Life", apparently by the same folks who did Hair, but the Broadway show was a bomb.....yet they say the music itself is pretty decent. We shall see.

I will have to check my copy of the Harold Melvin LP, which if I recall is pretty Great! I've had it for probably 20 years so I don't think anyone was faking them back in the mid 90's.....I don't recall the inner sleeve being thicker cardboard, but I'm pretty sure the label has a quad SQ indicator, and is not simply the stereo album repackaged. I'm sure others can confirm that. John

Back