What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a Kraut Kwad rock from Cosmic Courriers SQ jams collections, they did a few like these.

The quad SQ is pretty good on this, a French copy on Barclay Records.

20151008_193904.jpg20151008_193915.jpg20151008_193940.jpg20151008_194033.jpg20151008_194058.jpg

The DTS issues were a godsend at the time. Not all were the picks I'd have made but they were and are collectibles, I like them.

Yes it was the SQ quad LPs I enjoyed first (I'm old), and then the DTS releases.

Brad Miller got some hot titles, it's up to AF to top those! I think that they can.

The DTS issues were a godsend at the time. Not all were the picks I'd have made but they were and are collectibles, I like them.

Yes it was the SQ quad LPs I enjoyed first (I'm old), and then the DTS releases.

Brad Miller got some hot titles, it's up to AF to top those! I think that they can.

I LOVE those DTS CDs. Quite frankly if they'd kept going and just re-released all of the old Quads they could lay their hands on til the vaults were emptied I'd have been very happy with that, most of them sound terrific to this day.

I'm no spring chick (40 next year, so still younger than most of the SQ records I've been buying this year!) but was an early adopter of DTS.. and a very late adopter of Quad..! :eek:

Not to knock Miller Nevada/DTS' achievements and their many great releases but I think AF (with Quad SACDs of big titles like The Doors, Bread, Sly & The Family Stone) are already ahead of Brad Miller (Wings X 2 arguably their biggest Quad scoop, though the Allmans, Steve Miller, Claptons, etc all worthy Quad titles imho)

Fredblue, You've got two of the best SACDs from quad masters that are in fact great and certified rare as well. Too bad you live so far away. We could have had quad night over brews at my house. I have no one near me to complain about noise levels X 4 either.

You have about everything I guess. What of the good surround stuff do you not have?

Fredblue, You've got two of the best SACDs from quad masters that are in fact great and certified rare as well. Too bad you live so far away. We could have had quad night over brews at my house. I have no one near me to complain about noise levels X 4 either.

You have about everything I guess. What of the good surround stuff do you not have?

Which two are those? O'Jays and Isleys?

I treasure all the Quad DTS CDs and SACDs (the old Sony ones and the new SACDs from Audio Fidelity!)..

It is such a shame I'm so far away from so many of you QQ folks! The fun we could have! :friday:

Still on the lookout for lots of surround.. on SACD off the top of my head would be..
Scorpions/Moment Of Glory,
Hurriganes/Roadrunner,
Mathilde Santing/New Amsterdam,
Frank Galan/Promesas,
Elisa/Lotus,
Sarah Brightman (any of the 3 in surround),
Dalida/40 Years Of gold,
Charles Aznavour (the one where he is eating apples.. I forget the title!),
Jacques Brel (any apart from Infiniment compilation),
Johnny Hallyday (any apart from A La Vie A La Mort),
Colleen Sexton/Greatest Find

Two more recent finds for me, Steely Dan and BOC. Secret Treaties is supposedly a Promo, but stamp is only on the cover so not sure I believe that.
BOC secret.jpg
Steely.jpg

Just a quick update (now I'm on my Quad holiday and can actually sit still and really listen to some of this stuff!) this is wonderful through the SQ Surround Master, sound quality is phenomenal and it's a nice mix of lush orchestrations and funky beats.

On the downside.. Side 2 is pressed off centre giving an audible pitch wobble throughout (which I'm learning the more I explore the old Quad vinyl scene I'm pretty sensitive to, one of the Isaac Hayes SQ LPs I picked up recently suffers atrociously from this which is sad as the mix and sound quality are very nice..) and in this instance of the John Gregory Quad it is a real shame as content wise side 2 has some of the strongest material, "Jetstream" and "Jaguar". I'm going to look into ways to correct off centre pressings without resorting to drilling out a new larger spindle hole.. although from briefly reading around the topic it seems that is the cheap easy way!

Back