What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. fredblue

Thanks as ever BBQ, what's the music and mixes like on the Atlantic Big Drum Hit album please?

The Atlantic SQ lp is a all instramental funky jazzy band it reminds me of the LP Chase in some places, with drums electric guitar trumpet hammond organ & other intraments, there is good play on instraments in the Quad field side to side & surround you. I like the Hammond organ through the LP I am a Hammond man?
They play song of the mid 70`s like there play on smoke on the water side 1 track 5. These LP`s are hard to pic there is no indication of Quad on the LP cover only if you get a picture of the LP centre it has the SQ symbol or the Atlantic signature QL-6067A there is no english writting on the LP`s they where made for the japanese market

disc.jpg

Last edited:
Thunder In The Afternoon - Mac Davis (SQ LP).

One of the last Rock/Pop SQ records from Columbia (1977) and a tough one to find without having one of its corners chopped off..! :yikes

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Stars And Stripes Forever; Two Centuries Of Heroic Music in America - E. Power Biggs (SQ LP).

A single inventory Quad from 1976 (just one year before Biggs went to the great church organ in the sky..)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pulcinella Suite; Stravinsky; Boulez (SQ LP).

A very late single inventory SQ LP release (1978).. with the only mention of it's SQ Quad status being on the back of the sleeve..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Peter Grimes; Benjamin Britten; Bernstein (SQ LP).

Another late entry single-inventory Quad only release (from 1977.. with the only reference to Quadraphonic being "QUAD" printed on the disc labels itself as you can see..!)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

borrowers.jpg
Surprisingly active quad arrangement, considering the original broadcast would have been in mono.

Nice haul Adam - does that Mac Davis album say who did the quad remix?

Nice haul Adam - does that Mac Davis album say who did the quad remix?

Thanks matey :upthumb

It didn't come out in the pic as 1.) the pic I took is fuzzo-vision.. but also 2.) it is printed on the sleeve in the faintest tiniest white type, only really legible by a hawk with a spy glass under a kilowatt bulb (which would melt the record.. I jest! :p )...

anyway.. what was the question again? :eek: Oh yes.. it says its by that dream team Harold J Kleiner (Superviser/Producer fella) and Don Young (remix engineer).

Back