What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spotted a used Bloodlines - Blood, Sweat & Tears 4 SACD box in stock at Amazon for $62. It appears that there are still 2 used copies left at $62.

I couldn't justify spending $150 just to get an SACD of 4, but I would have gladly paid $50 - $60 for an SACD of 4 by itself. Being a Prime member, it shipped for free.

Box came resealed, SACD's appear to be resealed, too. Box and booklet are pristine.

Listening right now to B,S &T 4 and it sounds great.

I had a Japan CD of 4 and it sounded fair at best. The US CD sounds better. I got rid of the Japan CD, but kept the book, which is better than tthe US. I'll try to A-B US CD with the SACD in the next few days.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the Bloodlines 4 disc SACD set, LIKE NEW w/free Amazon Prime shipping for under $70. Acoustic Sounds still has it listed for $150 with no further eligible discounts available.

Also GREAT to have back ups for BST in 4.0 and Child is Father in 5.1.

Although I haven't listened to Child and BST2 from this box, I believe they're both 2ch only. Both SACD's are marked Stereo, as are 3 & 4

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the Bloodlines 4 disc SACD set, LIKE NEW w/free Amazon Prime shipping for under $70. Acoustic Sounds still has it listed for $150 with no further eligible discounts available.

Also GREAT to have back ups for BST in 4.0 and Child is Father in 5.1.

Linda, according to Acoustic Sounds own website they've included the 4.0 and 5.1 remixes for Child and BST: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/111088/Blood_Sweat__Tears-Bloodlines-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

At roughly $17 each in like new condition: A STEAL. Many Thanks!

BTW, Do they come in Super Jewel Cases?

They're still sealed within the box, which I opened, as well as 4. I'm considering leaving them sealed, since I already have Child & 2 on AF 5.1 SACD's. Neither the markings on the discs, nor the booklet or box itself indicate 4.0, Quad, etc.

Hope you're right that they are Quad.

Yes, they are still in Super Jewel boxes.

They're still sealed within the box, which I opened, as well as 4. I'm considering leaving them sealed, since I already have Child & 2 on AF 5.1 SACD's. Neither the markings on the discs, nor the booklet or box itself indicate 4.0, Quad, etc.

Hope you're right that they are Quad.

Yes, they are still in Super Jewel boxes.

The Acoustic Sounds 'description' of the Bloodline box set clearly states in two places that BST and Child are in their 4.0 and 5.1 remastering and that the entire set was authored by Gus Skinas @ the Super Audio Center in Boulder, Colorado.

Might be interesting to compare the two AF mch SACDs with the AP mch SACDs....although they're both, presumably, from the same analogue multichannel masters.

Blood, Sweat and Tears: Bloodlines 4 SACD boxset from Analogue Productions. Thanks to QUAD Linda, I got it for a GREAT price [used, like new/resealed absolute MINT condition] from AmazonUS.

Surprised that it came in such a large box with a nice booklet and BS&T includes the QUAD remix and Child is Father to the Man contains the 5.1 Al Cooper remix and BS&T 3 and 4 are Stereo Only. All are housed in Super Audio Cases and were authored by Gus Skinas at Super Audio Center in Boulder, Co.

Excellent Sonics!

BTW, AmazonUS has one more Bloodlines set [used/like new w/fulfillment by Amazon] for $62 + tax https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1525807017&sr=1-1

Acoustic Sounds currently has it listed for $150 and is ineligible for further discount! http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/111088/Blood_Sweat__Tears-Bloodlines-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Last edited:
You'll be thanking me [and QUAD Linda] in the morning, brother Snood, after a tall glass of organic prune juice! An excellent boxset:QQloveand SUCH A DEAL:love:oy!

Umm ahhh sheeeeeeeeet - not so fast,
Snood meant it was gone before Snood got there!!!!! :mad:

Although I haven't listened to Child and BST2 from this box, I believe they're both 2ch only. Both SACD's are marked Stereo, as are 3 & 4

I can also confirm that Disc 1 is 5.1 and Disc 2 is Quad...I think they wanted to replicate the original recordings and that's why they didn't put the surround information on them....I have no idea why I bought this...I had purchased Child and the self titled album already....only difference in the first 2 discs is the mastering.....I haven't heard Disc 3 or Disc 4..

IMG_3086.JPG

I can also confirm that Disc 1 is 5.1 and Disc 2 is Quad...I think they wanted to replicate the original recordings and that's why they didn't put the surround information on them....I have no idea why I bought this...I had purchased Child and the self titled album already....only difference in the first 2 discs is the mastering.....I haven't heard Disc 3 or Disc 4..

View attachment 32906

It's hard to pass up a GREAT DEAL and from the looks of the box, it arrived minty, Clinty. Discs three and four are worth the price of admission as Acoustic Sounds was charging roughly $37.50 per disc and is offering NO FURTHER DISCOUNT on their website! And we ALL know how AP charges for the BOX..........so consider it a FREEBIE! And for what it's worth.....all the discs come in Super Audio Jewel cases [the AF BS&Ts came in RBCD cases w/slipcovers]...a nice touch!:)

I've yet to compare the QUAD/5.1 AP mastering with AF's as they're both, presumably, from the same masters.

Last edited:
It's hard to pass up a GREAT DEAL and from the looks of the box, it arrived minty, Clinty. Discs three and four are worth the price of admission as Acoustic Sounds was charging roughly $37.50 per disc and is offering NO FURTHER DISCOUNT on their website! And we ALL know how AP charges for the BOX..........so consider it a FREEBIE! And for what it's worth.....all the discs come in Super Audio cases [the AF BS&Ts came in RBCD cases w/slipcovers]...a nice touch!:)

I picked it up on Ebay:phones

Last edited:
Back