What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got this one last week

IMG_3391.JPG
IMG_3392.JPG

I've seen several of Oscar's music out on hi rez and decided to grab this one

View attachment 38329View attachment 38330
My late father was a huge Oscar Peterson fan, and not long before he died my younger brother and I took him to see Oscar Peterson play, a brilliant gig. I've 1961, Cologne Gürzenich Concert Hall (5.0 Pure Audio Blu-Ray) & Night Train (2.0 Pure Audio Blu-Ray). What is the SACD like? Is it really Multi-Channel?

My late father was a huge Oscar Peterson fan, and not long before he died my younger brother and I took him to see Oscar Peterson play, a brilliant gig. I've 1961, Cologne Gürzenich Concert Hall (5.0 Pure Audio Blu-Ray) & Night Train (2.0 Pure Audio Blu-Ray). What is the SACD like? Is it really Multi-Channel?

It's the first time it was released in it's original three channel configuration.....all other SACD releases were two channel stereo [including the SHM~SACD].

Dang, JP. ECM always had incredibly high recording standards and it's just a shame they're only available through Tower Records in Japan at decent prices. There's a whole slew of them but as I previously mentioned, CDJapan is only shipping them to the US through their very pricey PROXY service which elevates the price to almost $50 each.

A few more Pat Metheny Stereo SACDs: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=Pat+Metheny+SACD

Acoustic Sounds ECM Stereo SACDs @ $60 each: https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=ECM+SACD

Note: The Chick Corea titles are all EXCELLENT ....I only have the RBCD versions but would love the Stereo SACDs! But @ $180 for three ..... highway robbery!

Last edited:
Dang, JP. ECM always had incredibly high recording standards and it's just a shame they're only available through Tower Records in Japan at decent prices. There's a whole slew of them but as I previously mentioned, CDJapan is only shipping them to the US through their very pricey PROXY service which elevates the price to almost $50 each.

A few more Pat Metheny Stereo SACDs: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=Pat+Metheny+SACD

Acoustic Sounds ECM Stereo SACDs @ $60 each: https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=ECM+SACD

Note: The Chick Corea titles are all EXCELLENT ....I only have the RBCD versions but would love the Stereo SACDs! But @ $180 for three ..... highway robbery!

Well Ralphie, you know that Metheny Travels SACD is a double album; and it's my fav Metheny album, (their performance of "Are You Going With Me" is just stellar) so I may have to pay up for that one, cause I want it bad!🤪

Well Ralphie, you know that Metheny Travels SACD is a double album; and it's my fav Metheny album, (their performance of "Are You Going With Me" is just stellar) so I may have to pay up for that one, cause I want it bad!🤪

Double ... or nothing, JP. Good advice! I only wish his classic album AS FALLS WITCHITA, SO FALLS WICHITA FALLS would be released on Stereo SACD. Actually, that album would truly benefit from a Steve Wilson Surround remix!

See the source image

Just checked the status of Pat Metheny's TRAVELS @ CDJapan and it's on back~order. And Acoustic Sounds doesn't even list it [probably too expensive being it's 2 SACDs]......BUMMER! Maybe you could find a deal on eBay?

Just checked the status of Pat Metheny's TRAVELS @ CDJapan and it's on back~order. And Acoustic Sounds doesn't even list it [probably too expensive being it's 2 SACDs]......BUMMER! Maybe you could find a deal on eBay?

Just to be nosy, I 'attempted' to order Pat Metheny's 2 SACD set TRAVELS from CDJapan and the utter nonsense with their PROXY SERVICE was, IMO, NOT WORTH IT. The album is still on a 2~4 week backorder status and in addition to s/h fees from Japan, procurement fees, etc. are added. A check at ebay was NO better. They want almost $90 for the album. I only wish TOWER RECORDS in Japan would make their EXCLUSIVE SACDs available to vendors on a NON~PROXY basis.

As these are limited edition pressings....it's probably one of those NOW or NEVER situations....but at this juncture....I'll take my chances.

BTW, since Universal now controls the ECM label, Travels at running time 90 minutes could EASILY fit on a single single~layered SHM~SACD...ironic, Universal never released a single ECM album in that format especially since Universal pressed these SHM~SACDs at their own pressing plants [NO involvement with SONY].

Last edited:
Back