Where is QuadBob?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Observatory

I have been absent from the forum for a few months. Could someone tell me what happened to QuadBob? I keep sending him emails and he does not respond at all. I have a Sansui 9001 overdue from him for three months now.

Any hints as to his whereabouts or how I can get in contact with him would be appreciated.
Arthur

Oh No!

Quadbob went to Afghanistan to personally deliver a restored 9001 to Hamid Kharzai and the Taliban have kidnapped him!!!
The ransom is 50 Tates.

I have been authorized to personally collect the Tates for delivery to QuadBobs captors, so just send them to my post office box.
Remember, the quicker you get those Tates to me, the sooner we can have QuadBob back to work on your restorations!

More bad news.

The Taliban say they no longer have QuadBob! :eek:

It seems when the South Korean government negotiated to free their hostages they took QB with them. He's been sent to.......the Peoples Republic of Korea. Kim Il Sung has gotten the quad bug and intelligence says he's been put in charge of a factory that will manufacture variomatrix units and other clones.

We may not see him back here for decades............:(

I don't know how to tell you this, but "Great Leader" Kim Il Sung died years ago. His legacy is continued by "Dear Leader" Kim Jong Il, who has been inundated with praise by the proletariat for inventing stereo this past year.

I have been absent from the forum for a few months. Could someone tell me what happened to QuadBob? I keep sending him emails and he does not respond at all. I have a Sansui 9001 overdue from him for three months now.

Any hints as to his whereabouts or how I can get in contact with him would be appreciated.
Arthur

Arthur, just in passing Bob and I laughed about the funny bits in this thread the other night and according to him your 9001 was not due up in the pruduction line till about now. Maybe you didn't realize that. He is always about 3 months behind. He rarely answers emails that don't pertain to what he is doing on the immediate.

I just got off the phone with him and all is well. When you do get your 9001 back you will forget how long it was gone. Bob is one of the best.
Take care Joe

I just got off the phone with him and all is well. When you do get your 9001 back you will forget how long it was gone. Bob is one of the best.
Take care Joe

I wish he'd return the multiple e-mails and phone messages I have left for him regarding the nearly eight months since mine was started and promised in early June.

Bobs into DualDiscs now. He loves DD 5.1 and has given up on Quad. He outsourced his restoration work to India so he can concentrate on restoring early Dolby decoders.
You'll have to call a phone number in Calcutta to find out what happened to your unit. :(

Bob replies:

"Well, I dreamed that I was lying in my bed in the dark. When all of a sudden, this bright blue light fills the room. Then slowly, my bedroom door begins to open. And the next thing I remember, I was being dragged through a hallway. Then I was lying on a table and these scary hands wanted to operate on me. And they had big heads and big black eyes…"

Gray Alien rebuttal:

"We did NOT abduct him. We did NOT give him an anal probe. We MAY have given him pink eye."

Bob replies:

"Well, I dreamed that I was lying in my bed in the dark. When all of a sudden, this bright blue light fills the room. Then slowly, my bedroom door begins to open. And the next thing I remember, I was being dragged through a hallway. Then I was lying on a table and these scary hands wanted to operate on me. And they had big heads and big black eyes…"

Gray Alien rebuttal:

"We did NOT abduct him. We did NOT give him an anal probe. We MAY have given him pink eye."

even aliens have taste

The Grey Man replies:

"No, really, we haven't seen him."

"OMG, DSOTM has NEVER SOUNDED BETTER!!"

GreyAlienQuad.jpg

Default Re: Where's Quad Bob?

thanks audiokarma - looks like Dennis had a feel for quad -bob a long time ago....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

10-30-2002, 10:26 PM

Omniscientist

I have a QRX 9001 and use it to power my Infinity Kappa sub woofers. There is no crackle in any buttons or noise and I guess I have been fortunate not to have had any reliability problems or Quad Bob exaggerates. Before I hooked it to an Infinity crossover net work it sounded great as an audio receiver. I have had some offers for this unit of which I have declined. I have how ever sold the Pioneer QX9900 ...reluctantly. As a result I do miss listening in Quad occationally.

Not certain if Quad Bob's "restoration deal" is all that necessary and of credible value.

Dennis

I have the local District Attorneys Office working on getting my JVC CD4-50 back. If Quadbob doesn't respond to him, the DA's next step is the Attorney Generals office in CA.

I just got a letter today from the California Attorney General. Quadbob will not respond to them either. They will hold the case on file, but do nothing for me. It says they are prohibited by law from representing individuals in legal matters. They tell me to take him to small claims court. Of course he knows what a hassle he has created, so I guess the scum keeps our equipment unless we do just that.

Last edited:
How about as many of y'all as possible ALL take him to court...sort of a class-action thing? He'd think twice about keeping/hiding/selling your Sansui if he walked into a courtroom full of angry folks!
TB

Back