While High Definition is fine...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarTrek1701

I have been looking for an inexpensive software that will allow recording on Blu-Ray discs in standard definition. I am more interested (right now) in the disc's storage capacity. All of the software I have encountered, they are designed to create and burn high definition video.

Thank you.

Could you explain in more detail? Do you want to create a data disc? Or do you want to put all your DVD's on a BD or what?

"What kind of data can be stored on a Blu-ray Disc?
Any form of data available on a PC can be stored to a Blu-ray Disc, including text documents, images, video and audio files. Using the appropriate software or operating support, a Blu-ray Disc can offer the functionality of a large removable hard disk drive
."

I don't have a BD burner so I can't give any first hand knowledge, only what I see on the Net.

Imgburn (assuming you are using Windows) will burn any data to a BD no problem if you want to use it for data backup. If you want to be able to play audio and/or video on a BD player, you will have to author the final project before burning to BD. It's pretty much the same as DVD, you can store any kind of data on it for a computer use, but for playback on all stand alone units the disc has to be authored to a certain specification.
If you tell us exactly what you want to store on the BD and how you want to access the data, I can be more specific.

A_L

I am archiving my old laserdiscs that have not been issued on DVD. If I try to convert them to High Definition and burn them to a Blu-Ray, I will only get about 2 1/2 hours. In standard definition, I should get close to 12 hours. Plus, I do have a stand alone Blu-Ray "jukebox" that I want to load them into. I know it is possible since most, if not all, special features on a Blu-Ray are in standard definition.

I just got an LG Blu-Ray 10x burner/drive for Christmas. So, I need a decent software package that will allow me to burn these music discs onto BDs.

Any suggestions.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 SP 1. 6-Core AMD Phenom II 1090T

I am archiving my old laserdiscs that have not been issued on DVD. If I try to convert them to High Definition and burn them to a Blu-Ray, I will only get about 2 1/2 hours. In standard definition, I should get close to 12 hours. Plus, I do have a stand alone Blu-Ray "jukebox" that I want to load them into. I know it is possible since most, if not all, special features on a Blu-Ray are in standard definition.

I just got an LG Blu-Ray 10x burner/drive for Christmas. So, I need a decent software package that will allow me to burn these music discs onto BDs.

Any suggestions.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 SP 1. 6-Core AMD Phenom II 1090T

You can author BD's with standard definition video. It's well within specs. Standard DVD spec MPEG2 will still work fine. Any competent BD authoring software should allow standard def video. You could put multiple LD captures on one BD and make a main menu, separate title menus, then chapter menus for each title.

A_L

You could put multiple LD captures on one BD and make a main menu, separate title menus, then chapter menus for each title.

That is what I am thinking. Have you any software suggestions; maybe anything you have used or heard good things about.

Thank you for your time.

That is what I am thinking. Have you any software suggestions; maybe anything you have used or heard good things about.

Thank you for your time.

There's free tools that can get the basics done, but most require experience beyond most layman. Check out the tools section of www.videohelp.com
Nero, Tmpeg, Vegas, Premier are easier to use and more flexible but they are not free.

A_L

Try multiAVCHD for free.

multiAVCHD is a great tool - especially for free. It's not the most intuitive interface, but a bit of patience and fortitude will get you the results you need. It can handle all types of content both video and audio - both standard and hi-def.

AVCHD is not a mandatory codec, and not all players will play such discs so be very careful.

Neil - I'm not sure if you're referring to multiAVCHD but if you are; while the program does author AVCHD discs, it also does full BD authoring - and it can handle DTS HD MA and or Dolby Tru HD - something that many programs , some fairly expensive (relatively speaking) cannot do.

Back