Who Are You in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lensflair

I was at the music store last night and saw a used copy The Who's "The Kids Are Alright" film. On the box, it says that it includes a 5.1 version of "Who Are You". I can't find any info on that at all. Has any one heard it? Is it any good? Please let me know. Thanks!

IMG_0760.jpeg

If you look at the last line on Disc 2 "It's Hard", there is a Who trivia game you have to play to unlock the 5.1 of Who Are You..

It's kind of a goofy set up to make you answer trivia questions to get to it but it is a minor formality.

Personally, I thought the 5.1 mix was pretty good.

View attachment 104851

If you look at the last line on Disc 2 "It's Hard", there is a Who trivia game you have to play to unlock the 5.1 of Who Are You..

It's kind of a goofy set up to make you answer trivia questions to get to it but it is a minor formality.

Personally, I thought the 5.1 mix was pretty good.
In any case I think the film itself is worth owning in this deluxe edition, plenty for a Who fan to dive into besides that one 5.1 studio mix!

In any case I think the film itself is worth owning in this deluxe edition, plenty for a Who fan to dive into besides that one 5.1 studio mix!
Agree, that's what made it an easy decision to buy it. The movie alone is worth having if you are a fan.
I see there is a blu-ray as well but I don't see anything mentioned about the 5.1 Who Are You track being included. So unless you can find out more info about the BR, you might want to stick to the Deluxe DVD if you really want the Who Are You 5.1 mix.
Also, they are pretty pricey on Amazon but you can pick one up on ebay for very little.

Also, I believe there are actually 2 versions of the DVD release. The “Deluxe DVD Edition” is only 1-disc and doesn’t contain all of the extras that the 2-disc “Special DVD Edition” has.

How funny. I've had this for years and never noticed. So I suffered through many wrong answers in the trivia challenge to access it. I had hoped it was the entire Who Are You album, but it's just the song. Definitely a 5.1 mix with the synth going everywhere, but Pete's guitars kind of disappear in the verses.

Are you referring to the now infamous Hit 50 BD here?

https://elusivedisc.com/the-who-the-who-hits-50-blu-ray-disc/
No... I'm referring to the (1978) Who Are You album. Universal also promoted Supertramp's (1977) Even in the Quietest Moments in stereo but that didn't happen either.

During the early days of Universal's HFPA releases I used to email them regularly about the errors and lack of detailed information on their shop site web pages and they would sometimes give me the odd snippet of 'upcoming' information, very little of which came to fruition. Oddly some French musicians managed to get quite a bit of content released on HFPA discs though...

Back