Yes - Going For The One 5.1 DVD/BluRay Rumor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tales up next, you'll see :)

M8,

I asked you once already, don't tease me unless you plan to bring me to the finish line. (y)

Is it too much to ask? Is Tales From Topographic Oceans the next Steven Wilson mix?

Is this the bloody Mi5 or CIA?

About Tales: Back in the day I would have gone for Relayer or GFTO but over the years Tales has gotten more magical with each listen. Considering how Tales was orchestrated by Wakeman and all the tracks upon tracks of layered instruments, Tales should be the most impressive 5.1 recording I could imagine.
And to know that SW is doing it, brings peace of mind my daddy never had!

Lots of great encouragement on classic YES in general being mixed into 5.1. What a dream come true!

If Tales does come out next I don't know what I will do, I never imagined it would get remixed into 5.1. Its so un-commercial. God Bless Steven Wilson for sure!

Hi Plan9, :)

Do we have any way of knowing that the original 2.0 masters were found/used for the digital transfer? Back in the day there were so many so called 2.0 "masters" that were actually copies or worse, copies of copies. And some master tapes were mislabeled as "masters" when they were actually copies, etc...

Any clarification would be a huge blessing to us true YES fans.

Yes, all the original master tapes have been found, at least for all the albums up to Big Generator (I guess the rest is too recent and/or digital to be "lost"). The flat transfers are available on HDTracks, except for Fragile (DVD-A mastering) and 90125 (Bob Ludwig original mastering).

So, I'm not 100% positive about these two, but as they both have been remastered recently (and 90125 from the supposedly original tapes before Ludwig's mastering by Steve Hoffman for Audio Fidelity on gold CD), it would be likely that they are still here. :)

Yes, all the original master tapes have been found, at least for all the albums up to Big Generator (I guess the rest is too recent and/or digital to be "lost"). The flat transfers are available on HDTracks, except for Fragile (DVD-A mastering) and 90125 (Bob Ludwig original mastering).

:) :) :)

@Plan9, I can't thank you enough for this information. Many of us YES fans have bought YES recordings over & over again many times. I think most of us do this in search of having the best quality version we can listen to. The record companies(incl. HDTracks) really don't make it clear about the provenance of the source(cept for "we use the best quality available" - whatever that means...)

I am such a 5.1 enthusiast, not only for the 5.1 mix but for the fact that the music is taken from the actual source. That is simply music at its best!

My sincere thanks & gratitude to you for telling us this and all the other helpful "hints" you have provided here.

Cheers!

DM

I can tell you......you will give a 10! ;)

M8, if we get a Steven Wilson Tales From Topographic Oceans mix, there will not be a large enough number to represent what a Kingly gift that will be. Just wait until you see my review, if & when it happens. ;)

Hmmmm.....no one has mentioned "Yessongs" which charted at 7 in the U.S......

We all would love to get Yessongs, but there seems to be next to no impetus from the artist or re-mixer to do any live LP. Perhaps after the studio albums are done. ELP WBMFTTSTNE would be most welcome as well. (y)

This looks interesting.

Yes
Yes Album /Going For
BLU-BLU-RAY
UPC: 8024391067284
Release Date: 12/9/2014

I had wondered about that one for awhile too, but I think I figured it out. Not quite as exciting as I'd hoped... They are releasing a live dvd/blu ray of those two albums from when they did them cover to cover last year (interesting that Close To The Edge is not on it).

Was almost shocked for a second when I saw this new post in this particular thread, but then once I realized what this was I was quickly brought back down to earth again.
Not interested in this at all!

Just waiting for Relayer :)

Back