David Bowie: Ziggy-era Box out in June; Dolby Atmos Blu-Ray out in Sept!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon.co.uk has decided to let me do pre-orders again! So I've ordered the stand alone BD at £18.99. If its dire then it is not that bad considering some of the other surround albums I've coughed up way more for and been disappointed, also not a bad price as amazon.co.uk want £17.99 for the pre-order of Black Country Communion's "V" CD - which contains the excellent track "Red Sun" which Planet Rock have been playing quite a bit.

Amazon.co.uk has decided to let me do pre-orders again! So I've ordered the stand alone BD at £18.99. If its dire then it is not that bad considering some of the other surround albums I've coughed up way more for and been disappointed, also not a bad price as amazon.co.uk want £17.99 for the pre-order of Black Country Communion's "V" CD - which contains the excellent track "Red Sun" which Planet Rock have been playing quite a bit.
Red Sun is excellent 👍. Don't know why V is so expensive on amazon. It's £12.61 at Rarewaves:

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/0061297907212-v

HEAR ‘THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS’ IN DOLBY ATMOS FOR THE FIRST TIME EXCLUSIVELY FROM 15TH JUNE – 30TH JUNE AT THE KEF MUSIC GALLERY GREAT PORTLAND STREET, LONDON. DOLBY ATMOS MIX TO BE RELEASED ON BLU-RAY AUDIO DISC & STREAMING 6th SEPTEMBER 2024.

Last night, the KEF Music Gallery London, 32-48 Great Portland St, London, hosted the world premiere of tracks from ROCK ‘N’ ROLL STAR!, the Dolby Atmos mix of ‘ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS’ along with a Q&A with Ziggy co-producer Ken Scott.

From June 15th to June 30th, high-end audiophile speaker purveyors KEF will partner with Parlophone to celebrate the …ZIGGY STARDUST … Atmos mix and the June 14th release of the 5CD and 1 Blu-Ray Audio box set ROCK ‘N’ ROLL STAR!.

For the first time ever, fans will be able to experience the Dolby Atmos mix exclusively at the KEF Music Gallery, nearly three months ahead of its release. The Gallery will also be hosting special events and activations inspired by the time that Bowie was writing and recording this legendary album.

HEAR ‘THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS’ IN DOLBY ATMOS FOR THE FIRST TIME EXCLUSIVELY FROM 15TH JUNE – 30TH JUNE AT THE KEF MUSIC GALLERY GREAT PORTLAND STREET, LONDON. DOLBY ATMOS MIX TO BE RELEASED ON BLU-RAY AUDIO DISC & STREAMING 6th SEPTEMBER 2024.

Last night, the KEF Music Gallery London, 32-48 Great Portland St, London, hosted the world premiere of tracks from ROCK ‘N’ ROLL STAR!, the Dolby Atmos mix of ‘ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS’ along with a Q&A with Ziggy co-producer Ken Scott.

From June 15th to June 30th, high-end audiophile speaker purveyors KEF will partner with Parlophone to celebrate the …ZIGGY STARDUST … Atmos mix and the June 14th release of the 5CD and 1 Blu-Ray Audio box set ROCK ‘N’ ROLL STAR!.

For the first time ever, fans will be able to experience the Dolby Atmos mix exclusively at the KEF Music Gallery, nearly three months ahead of its release. The Gallery will also be hosting special events and activations inspired by the time that Bowie was writing and recording this legendary album.
Jeez, it’s already fully booked for every slot in the next 2 weeks! ☹️

My copy of Rock 'N' Roll Star! arrives today.
Amazon US $94.47
81989lbhXfL._SX522_.jpg

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars blu-ray audio will be issued on 6 September 2024, via Parlophone. Secure your copy via the SDE shop, the home of blu-ray audio! Pre-order using this link

Last edited:
Jeez, it’s already fully booked for every slot in the next 2 weeks! ☹️
i'd have loved to but couldn't have gone regardless, i'm upto my eyeballs with work atm 👀🙄 🤦‍♀️

it's encouraging though that so many people want to go and hear the Atmos..!! 🤩🙌🥳

maybe we are witnessing Surround Music going from niche little hobby to mass adoption.. 🤔🤞💘🙏

that'll be the day i go off Surround and go back to Mono..!! 😂😵‍💫

(which is probably how many people play Atmos anyway....) 🤭🤐

Back