Poco SACD won't load!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I can answer that without knowing...because I haven't changed anything in....well....forever. :) But, my last batch of Vocalion discs might be the last time I actually played a SACD. So, couple months I guess.

What about CDs...I know you played a couple I sent you..or DVD-As...it's not that "you" changed anything..it's just to form a time line...but if it's that long it will be hard to remember...any loss of power...by thunderstorms...even if it was just for a few seconds...could affect the electronics....even with power strips/surge protectors....I could understand if it wouldn't accept any disc...but the blu ray thing puzzles me....

OK, did it, still get error message.
Sounds like you need to contact support then. That sucks! Too bad you weren’t brave enough to remove the cover(s) and blow some air on the laser lens. Or, are you? Two different colored beams are used depending on disc format. Blue for BD’s and red for all other formats. Could be, the red one went out somehow.

Sounds like you need to contact support then. That sucks! Too bad you weren’t brave enough to remove the cover(s) and blow some air on the laser lens. Or, are you? Two different colored beams are used depending on disc format. Blue for BD’s and red for all other formats. Could be, the red one went out somehow.

Sometimes dust deposits in the laser area according to some troubleshooting I did on the net trying to solve this problem...but the ability to play one format and not others is something that wouldn't explain dust build up.. he needs Oppo advice...and probably needs to send his machine to them...better sooner than later....btw...that counting to 5 slowly was a nice touch...uno..dos..tres..cuatro..cinco....although G has a lot of available music ripped...this will bother him...he wants to hear Poco....and he wants to hear it now...I'm kinda the same way...it would "eat" at me until I get a solution...and because it's Sunday...there will be no answer today...sucks for my man G...

Sometimes dust deposits in the laser area according to some troubleshooting I did on the net trying to solve this problem...but the ability to play one format and not others is something that wouldn't explain dust build up.. he needs Oppo advice...and probably needs to send his machine to them...better sooner than later....btw...that counting to 5 slowly was a nice touch...uno..dos..tres..cuatro..cinco....although G has a lot of available music ripped...this will bother him...he wants to hear Poco....and he wants to hear it now...I'm kinda the same way...it would "eat" at me until I get a solution...and because it's Sunday...there will be no answer today...sucks for my man G...
Truer words were never spoken....

But, a good ole QQ bud sent me some flacs......so I'm about ready to listen. lmao

Sometimes dust deposits in the laser area according to some troubleshooting I did on the net trying to solve this problem...but the ability to play one format and not others is something that wouldn't explain dust build up...

You’d be surprised. I’m no tech expert here and not sure there’s any truth in this but they are two different laser technologies. A little pixie 🧚‍♂️ d d d dust could work wonders or turn out to be a bad thing. :geek:

Back