Best Instrumental ‘Top 40’ Song Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Michael

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Choose your overall favorite instrumental song that hit the charts (any country) in the 1970’s.

Mine has to be Hocus Pocus by Dutch Rock group Focus because when I think of an instrumental song, it always pops in my head first, followed by Rock ń Roll (Part 2) by Gary Glitter and dare I say the 1972 version of Popcorn by Hot Butter which was originally written and performed first by Gershon Kingsley. :LOL:

Done.

For me, the 1970’s was the best year for charting instrumental hits. With that said, I was going to create a separate Thread for the 60’s and 80’s. No problem!

I just mention this because some people aren't going to go to the trouble of finding out what year their song was released...it becomes less spontaneous....

Choose your overall favorite instrumental song that hit the charts (any country) in the 1970’s.

Mine has to be Hocus Pocus by Dutch Rock group Focus because when I think of an instrumental song, it always pops in my head first, followed by Rock ń Roll (Part 2) by Gary Glitter and dare I say the 1972 version of Popcorn by Hot Butter which was originally written and performed first by Gershon Kingsley. :LOL:

I was going to say "Hocus Pocus" as soon as I saw the topic! As long as no one says, "Chariots of Fire" or "Music Box Dancer", I think I'll agree with everything else!

I had just moved to Madrid in 91 and was working in a radio station and they had this on 45; it was the remnants of the cultural revolution from the 80s known as La Movida, which transformed Madrid in one of the cultural epicenters of the world...
Vicente Amigo is one of Spain's best guitarists.. enjoy... (the titles means "From my heart to the skies"

But the 70's was the only time "good" music was made!

You mean 60's and 70's..in the 60's you had...Beatles...Stones...The Who..Led Zep..Beach Boys..Pink Floyd..Jefferson Airplane..Doors..CCR..Yardbirds..Animals..Simon and Garfunkel..Moody Blues..Fleetwood Mac..Black Sabbath..Steppenwolf….not to mention a TON of soul/Motown music...and MANY MANY more:p

The Shadows - Apache
The Ventures - Slaughter On Tenth Avenue
The Spotnicks - Hava Nagila
Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Diamonds
Telstar - The Tornados
Kenny Ball And His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
Sounds Incorporated - The Spartans
John Barry - Hit And Miss
The T-Bones - (No Matter What Shape) Your Stomach's In
Quincy Jones - Soul Bossa Nova
Russ Conway - Side Saddle

plus several hundred more!