Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are we really due anything..?
i started to take AF's excellent Surround releases for granted - and they abruptly stopped and it hurt! i don't want to get burned again, if DV's Surround stuff ended tomorrow i'd be bereft.. but have to be philosophical and be thankful for what we have - a great run, no, the greatest run of Quad releases on a latterday surround format bar none.

i hope for more, i expect nothing. we've already had titles that were personal dreamytime wishlisters like Chase Pure Music, WR Tale Spinnin', Poco Seven/Cantamos, Guess Who #10/Road Food, Art Garfunkel's Angel Clare and Breakaway, Johnnie Taylor Eargasm+Rated EX, both Hues Corporation Quads, RTF Musicmagic, Tower Of Power, Hugo M does Stevie & Elton!, Mancini's Symphonic Soul, Rick Derringer's All American Boy & Spring Fever, all 3 Billy (F-ing!) Paul Quads..! wowzers! all surround, all stunning, all out now!! its all rich thick beautiful gravy from here on! please DV, we want some more! nom nom nom! 🤪

I predicted Audio Fidelity's demise as their release schedule of 2 SACDs per month trickled down to one [eliminating multichannel altogether] and it was canceled. Knew something was amiss.

D~V, OTOH, has consistently had a robust release schedule ....... and is MOST careful not to disarm their base by turning their backs on their tastes .... and by releasing HYBRID mch/stereo SACDs ensured that ALL their discs played universally, while maintaining their incredibly fair price structure.

And in one of steelydave's recent posts, he did, in a positive vein, state that Michael Dutton is FULLY aware of QQ Forum's many wishlists [Rock/Pop included] and would IF possible and FEASIBLE attempt to 'placate' our requests.

I rest my case.

Last edited:
I predicted Audio Fidelity's demise as their release schedule of 2 SACDs per month slowed down to one [eliminating multichannel] and it was canceled. Knew something was amiss.

D~V, OTOH, has consistently had a robust release schedule ....... and is careful not to disarm their base by turning their backs on their tastes .... and by releasing HYBRID mch/stereo SACDs ensuring that ALL their discs played universally, while maintaining their incredibly fair price structure.

And in one of steelydave's recent posts, he did, in a positive vein, state that Michael Dutton was aware of QQ Forum's many wishlists [Rock, included] and would IF possible, and FEASIBLE attempt to 'placate' our requests.

I rest my case.

Oh, hell yes! Bring on more titles!!!

I would flat out buy Jim Nabors in a freaking milli-second. Serious...

But PLEASE make it Man Of La Mancha! A stellar musical!

See the source image

Last edited:
Honestly, it's all about the memories I have about my grand parents....who dearly loved all this music that is now being released by Vocalion. Considering my grand parents are all gone, it's something I can hold onto that reminds me of them.

Hey, I feel ya, I love Marty Robbins for similar reasons.

Looking forward to D/V having the Jefferson Starship hit albums within reach. That Red Octopus album was a big hit, and the song Miracles was an easy listening radio staple. Actually with the Grunt albums moving to Rhino from Sony it appears they are ovine further away from D/Vs sights.

I was under the impression all of it (Airplane, Starship, Hot Tuna) is going to Rhino. That's what the thread seems to suggest.

I was under the impression all of it (Airplane, Starship, Hot Tuna) is going to Rhino. That's what the thread seems to suggest.
And that is what I noted as well.

Seems D/V will have to step up to the plate ans shoot for a Warner title someday soon. Might not happen, but so many good titles over there, it's worth a try right.

You have to admit that D-V is very good about not announcing something and then having it sit there in limbo for months (a la Pink Floyd "Animals") Generally, when D-V announces a title, it's ready to order.

So if it takes them a bit to get them ready, no need for panic. Sit tight and save those bucks and pounds for the next announcement.

You have to admit that D-V is very good about not announcing something and then having it sit there in limbo for months (a la Pink Floyd "Animals") Generally, when D-V announces a title, it's ready to order.

So if it takes them a bit to get them ready, no need for panic. Sit tight and save those bucks and pounds for the next announcement.

I am! :SG

My birthday is coming up and I'd have liked to get them in by that date, but it's not looking good. Ok, so I'd like to get the announcement and order in by then. But I'm not in panic mode. I've spent more than I should have since jan. 1st. The Miles Davis Japanese BB pushed me over my budget by $60. So I am, totally cool with the waiting game. As long as it's stuff I'll like. But I'll be nice, and if it turns out to be four albums from Mac Davis and Jim Nabors on 2-fer SACDs, I will be quiet, and just fade into the dark background with very little comment, just go outside and get some sun and fun, try to cheer myself up.

there's a cool Dionne Warwick(e) Quad "Then Came You".. and a supposed unreleased Quad of her's from the year after.. Warner titles 🧐

If I could have but ONE wish [out of a possible three] it would be that Rhino/Warner would form an alliance with UK's Dutton Vocalion to release their fabulous UNRELEASED QUAD Masters!

See the source image

Back