King Crimson - Heaven & Earth box set (18CD / 4 BD-A / 2 DVD-A)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't find decent sized art for the cover so here is a 1200 x 1200 that I knocked out if anyone wants it for tagging.

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 121
Does anyone know what's going on with Amazon UK? The boxset seems to be in stock since last Friday, but it's not being shipped

Does anyone know what's going on with Amazon UK? The boxset seems to be in stock since last Friday, but it's not being shipped

That's funny that you mention that because I thought it was strange that on the release date it said "in stock" but it also said "ships in 1or 2 days"..I can't remember ever seeing that on an in stock item...amazon UK seems to be having "issues"...

KC TRoL/TPtB CD/DVD Review:

Mike, a VERY BIG 2 (y)(y) UP for your presentation. Liked all the cut~a~ways which added greatly to your presentation and glad to see you've really got your mojo working ..... the sparkle in your eyes is back which added greatly to your very enthusiastic review.

As I haven't received my two DVD~As from Deep Discount as of yet, I felt like I did through your analysis of remixer David Singleton's remixes and of course, you did, aptly through your graphs, give us a nice description of where are the instruments and vocals were placed within the soundstage.

And glad you highlighted the fact that King Crimson has released all of their core albums in LOSSLESS 5.1 Surround and that they very considerately released them as stand alone editions apart from the pricier and more inclusive box sets.

One could only wish that all these 5.1 remixes would likewise be released as stand alone editions apart from their sometimes ridiculously priced box sets for casual rather than rabid fans which I'm sure would result in more appreciable sales figures.

I went with Amazon UK for the cheap bastard price as well. Says shipping June 29. I'm OK with that for saving $60 (and that's even with the DGM "frequent flyer" discount).

Probably a few things to catch up on still from their last box if I think about it too. Sure looking forward to the Project X Heaven & Earth album itself in 5.1 though! That's getting cued up first. :)

I went with Amazon UK for the cheap bastard price as well. Says shipping June 29. I'm OK with that for saving $60 (and that's even with the DGM "frequent flyer" discount).

Probably a few things to catch up on still from their last box if I think about it too. Sure looking forward to the Project X Heaven & Earth album itself in 5.1 though! That's getting cued up first. :)
Jim, I politely complained to Amazon UK support this morning and ended up with no clear response about new delivery date, but 5 pounds voucher as an apology for the delay. You may try as well :)
I'm anxious to start to listen to this beast of a box!

Amazon UK said they shipped my copy via a courier called GEOD (never heard of 'em) on Sunday. They're saying I should expect delivery on the 21st.

However, last week I broke down and also ordered one of the recent Kate Bush box sets from them. They sent it Royal Mail and said I would have it on the 25th. It showed up yesterday, one week after I ordered it. So who knows, hopefully GEOD is as quick as the Royal Mail. :unsure:

Amazon UK said they shipped my copy via a courier called GEOD (never heard of 'em) on Sunday. They're saying I should expect delivery on the 21st.

However, last week I broke down and also ordered one of the recent Kate Bush box sets from them. They sent it Royal Mail and said I would have it on the 25th. It showed up yesterday, one week after I ordered it. So who knows, hopefully GEOD is as quick as the Royal Mail. :unsure:
Me as well, the first albums set

Back