Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suprising that you all are listing movies that I own and watch over and over. This tells me good movies are pretty much universal (but music sure isn't)! I'm a big sci-fi fan and own the majority of these movies on many formats (including beta, vhs, LD and video 8). I've recently been picking up many of these on bluray 's from pawn shops at an alarming rate because they are so cheap (10 for 10 at EZpawn). One movie I watch on a regular basis and haven't seen listed is "Knowing". Yea, and we watch planes trains and autos at thanksgiving, polar express and home alone at Christmas. I can't leave out my fav sports movies...."42", "Hoosiers", greatest game ever played, league of their own and Will Smith is the baddest caddy of all time! I've always collected movies in lieu of pay tv (It seemed to me everytime a big sports star got a huge contract the rates would go up)
I would watch Knowing again. Awesome plane crash. Hilarious scene with Nick Cage and a baseball bat too. I remember reading that Richard Kelly who wrote/directed Donnie Darko was going to take it on. Would have been a good fit.

How did I forget about Taxi Driver?!

David and Lisa + Lilith were both awesome movies. Whoa, Janet Margolin was a knock-out. I noticed a few months ago that I have LOTS of movies that involve an insane asylum of some sort. Speaking of which, I also just remembered Session 9 that is another with high rewatchability for me.

I've only seen Scenes From A Marriage once but remember a particularly funny scene that had me laughing out loud. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but I'm sure you know the one!

Tim, I also noticed you listed Frank Perry's The Swimmer with Burt Lancaster with that magnificent score by Marvin Hamlisch based on a short story by John Cheever. Do you have the fantastic blu ray version?
81nIJWOXY3L._SL1500_.jpg

Wow--what a thread! What a thread! I'll try to record movies I've not yet seen in the thread, but I reserve the right to double up! What a world! What a world!
Wizard of Oz
Seven Samurai
Rashomon
Ikiru
Tokyo Story
Ugetsu
Late Spring
The Life of Oharu
Any Miyazaki (so many memories watching with my daughter!)
Singin' in the Rain
Some Like it Hot
Touch of Evil
The Tarkovsky Canon (seven feature films)
Dekalog
Almost everything Preston Sturges wrote and directed in the 1940s
Modern Times
City Lights
The Kid
Miracle in Milan
The General
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
Sherlock, Jr.
The Searchers
Chinatown
Last Year at Marianbad
Sunset Boulevard
Double Indemnity
Sundays and Cybele
The Conformist
The Third Man
All About Eve
Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
Nosferatu
City Girl
Tabu: A Story of the South Seas
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
L'Atlante
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Pather Panchali Trilogy
Parasite!
Memories of Murder
The Host
Local Hero
Comfort and Joy
Oh my gosh! I can't type anymore--I'm off to watch Man With a Movie Camera

Wow--what a thread! What a thread! I'll try to record movies I've not yet seen in the thread, but I reserve the right to double up! What a world! What a world!
Wizard of Oz
Seven Samurai
Rashomon
Ikiru
Tokyo Story
Ugetsu
Late Spring
The Life of Oharu
Singin' in the Rain
Some Like it Hot
Touch of Evil
Dekalog
Modern Times
City Lights
The Kid
Miracle in Milan
The General
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
Sherlock, Jr.
The Searchers
Chinatown
Last Year at Marianbad
Sunset Boulevard
Double Indemnity
Sundays and Cybele
The Conformist
The Third Man
All About Eve
Nosferatu
City Girl
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
L'Atlante
Pather Panchali Trilogy
Parasite!
Memories of Murder
The Host
Local Hero
Comfort and Joy

Ah, Clement, Sundays and Cybele ...... So beautiful, so tragic! GREAT LIST! And that's what the 'edit button' is for. Just Keep Adding. I know, I will!

Last edited:
Tim, I also noticed you listed Frank Perry's The Swimmer with Burt Lancaster with that magnificent score by Marvin Hamlisch based on a short story by John Cheever. Do you have the fantastic blu ray version?
81nIJWOXY3L._SL1500_.jpg
Yep, I've got that one. Artwork says it's Region A but it plays on my Region B-locked Sony. Love it when Burt does his hand claps in the horse scene. Same director as David and Lisa which is another ripper if you haven't seen it. Although I read Frank got fired and a young Sydney Pollack finished off The Swimmer. A great boiling hot summer evening watch.

Last edited:
Wizard of Oz
Seven Samurai
Rashomon
Ikiru
Tokyo Story
Ugetsu
Late Spring
The Life of Oharu
Singin' in the Rain
Some Like it Hot
Touch of Evil
Dekalog
Modern Times
City Lights
The Kid
Miracle in Milan
The General
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
Sherlock, Jr.
The Searchers
Chinatown
Last Year at Marianbad
Sunset Boulevard
Double Indemnity
Sundays and Cybele
The Conformist
The Third Man
All About Eve
Nosferatu
City Girl
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
L'Atlante
Pather Panchali Trilogy
Parasite!
Memories of Murder
The Host
Local Hero
Comfort and Joy
Touch of Evil, Last Year at Marienbad, The Third Man, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Local Hero, Tarkovsky's Solaris - great flicks!

Yep, I've got that one. Artwork says it's Region A but it plays on my Region B-locked Sony. Love it when Burt does his hand claps in the horse scene. Same director as David and Lisa which is another ripper if you haven't seen it. Although I read Frank got fired and a young Sydney Pollack finished it off. A great boiling hot summer evening watch.

Did you ever see Frank and wife, Eleanor Perry's movie LAST SUMMER .... another interesting watch. "David, David, Look at me, Tell me David, what do you see?" DAVID: "I see a Pearl of a Girl....' [from DAVID & LISA].

See the source image

And shortly thereafter, Stanley Kubrick cast Keir Dullea in 2001: A Space Odyssey!

Did you ever see Frank and wife, Eleanor Perry's movie LAST SUMMER .... another interesting watch. "David, David, Look at me, Tell me David, what do you see?" DAVID: "I see a Pearl of a Girl....' [from DAVID & LISA].
Not yet, but it's on my list! That D&L dialogue was terrific - great script! Love that scene where Janet's walking towards the camera with her finger out.

Citizen Kane
Casablanca
Odd Couple
Grateful Dead Movie
The Last Waltz
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Jimmy Cliff The Harder They Come
Rockers
The Five Pennines
A Clockwork Orange
Concert for Bangladesh
Woodstock
Monterey Pop
200 Motels
Female Trouble
Pink Flamingos
Festival Express
Janis
Electric Heart- Don Ellis
Song Remains the Same
American Graffiti
A Day at the Races
A Hard Day's Night
Let it Be
All You Need is Cash
Phil Ochs Documentary
To Russia with Elton
Jack Johnson
Austin Powers
Bonnie and Clyde
The Graduate
Midnight Cowboy
A Star is Born - Babs
Funny Girl
West Side Story
Head
Lenny
Marat Sade
Last Tango in Paris
A Touch of Evil

Last edited:
Reading the other posts gave me good ideas to help make five but the first ones that come to mind that I've watched recently and make the list are:
We Were Soldiers
No Country for Old Men
Oblivion
John Wick: Chapter 2
The Siege of Jadotville
Inception
The Aviator
Black Hawk Down

Last edited:
Back