Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U2 ‎– War
West German Target CD
Album details - Dynamic Range Database

"On this release, The Edge dialed back the effects and echoes, and Larry Mullen pumped up the staccato percussion to create a bellicose and brash sound that echoed the themes of this U2 album.
The music is angry, buzzing and at times brutally straightforward"

View attachment 60979

Beefalo
nice collection of target CD's !!!!
One of these days - when I have some free time - I need to go through my catalog and find what I have in Target and Atomics. Its amazing how incredible these early CD releases actually sound. Thanks for sharing

Beefalo
nice collection of target CD's !!!!
One of these days - when I have some free time - I need to go through my catalog and find what I have in Target and Atomics. Its amazing how incredible these early CD releases actually sound. Thanks for sharing
📀
I've seen some great Rush Atomics @cbmmm3
Haven't actually collected any yet...

My Kwanzaa exploration/celebration continues
1609246097483.png
Bill Summers The Essence of Kwanzaa
https://www.allmusic.com/album/essence-of-kwanzaa-mw0000255769

After School Session - Chuck Berry CD

Songs the Beatles Gave Away EMI UK LP

El Blanco (Target en Español) - Joe Jackson EU EP

All the Children Cried - John Klemmer LP

My Labors - Nick Gravenites w/Michael Bloomfield 7 1/2 IPS Columbia reel

12 Songs of Christmas UA LP Various Artists

A Very Special Christmas MoFi Gold CD

Souvenir - Billy Joel Promo only LP

The Blues - Lightning Hopkins Mainstream LP

Last edited:
Time to go Midnight Walking through Broken Glass Park in this Honest Town while Blindfolded and listening to Big Music through my Airpods Pro even though it’s my Imagination because I’m really listening in my living room with my Home Theater system with Auromatic engaged. Oh, well! I’m only Human.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Michael Shrieve ‎– Stiletto

"The tracks (combining elements of rock, jazz, and industrial noise) are dominated by percussion elements, and even the guitar and trumpet playing are more rhythmically than melodically handled.

"Hints of Miles Davis with mood and Mark Isham's trumpet. The combination of Andy Summers and David Torn on guitar makes for an ethereal textural landscape, at times quite ambient - yet no synthesizer or keyboards on here despite the lush atmospheric feel to this"

R-538754-1388985206-4345.jpeg.jpg

31F2C9C3-71CB-43DC-A667-D0CCA03B4F3A.jpeg
Lady Gaga - Born This Way
It’s a bit long, IMO a couple of tracks could have been cut out, but gotta admit: I like this album.
Some of the remixes on the bonus disc are OK but prefer the original versions

E3D1FFD7-3BEF-4EC8-A4CC-F257A49B880B.jpeg
Noah Wotherspoon & the Stratocats - BuzzMe

Another APO blues release from 20 years ago, available from Acoustic Sounds at a bargain basement price. Guitar playing sounds good to me but the vocals are weak.
Like many of these APO discs, recorded at Blue Heaven Studios in a purist fashion, the sound is surprisingly uninvolving

Last edited:
What's this album like?
Hopefully an improvement over Wallflower (please tell me David Foster didn't produce this new one)
I like this album, probably more than her last Krall album and her new version of How Deep is the Ocean is fantastic. Wallflower is an exception in the Diana Kralls albums. It was an album of mainly ’70s pop songs and one new Paul McCartney song. Since then she has put out 3 more albums from the Great American Songbook and jazz standards, the second being a duets album with Tony Bennett. On her two solo albums, she is back to working with her career long producer, Tommy LiPuma. This latest album is a collection of older recordings that she had recorded with LiPuma before his death in 2017.

David Torn ‎– Only Sky

"Torn is never just playing the guitar. He employs electronic synth, static and industrial noise, along with guitar and acoustic instruments to build strange and immersive worlds from scratch, to achieve what some critics have termed a sonic, textured landscape.
Torn has blended varied, often dissonant sounds through warping microtones, jarring arpeggios and looping sequences, creating music that is both gritty and transcendent, at once cosmic and intimate"

71HWyrRcjlL._SL1400_.jpg

Back