Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, in the spring of 2004 We was bumping this SO LOUD in my classroom the hinges came loose from the door and now MF DOOM is no MORE!
1609534602003.png
MADVILLAIN MADVILLAINY
https://www.allmusic.com/album/madvillainy-mw0000335176

040FBE81-B22B-4D44-8ECF-6EA10768DA0B.jpeg
Elton John/Leon Russell - The Union
Interesting album. Some tracks are Elton & Bernie all the way, the ones where Leon is more prominent from a writing and singing standpoint are better IMO.
There are some great tracks here but at 71 minutes it’s too long.
The sound is fair to substandard. Muddy (especially the bass) and crunchy in many places.
I’ve noticed that with pretty much everything T-Bone Burnett has produced for Elton.
All in all I like the album, just wish it sounded better

Last edited:
Soundgarden ‎– Ultramega OK

"The band’s assault is sharp and focused, their musical ideas borrowing from blues (and blooze), punk, tape-manipulation experiments, and dredged-in-mud riffing.
They managed to balance their mad-scientist tendencies with an innate savvy about how to craft a rock song.
The best expression of Soundgarden's early, Stooges/MC5-meets-Zeppelin/Sabbath sound, Ultramega OK is a dark, murky, buzzing record that simultaneously subverts and pays tribute to earlier genres"

soundgarden-ultramegaok-cover-3000x3000-300.jpg

I watched Bob Dylans The Rolling Thunder Revue on TV yesterday by Martin Socorsce, was quite good, but also had it's boring moments. The live footage was real good. I have had this 14 disc box set for awhile and after the documentary it gave me a better appreciation to listen and understand the music.
Disc 4 now.
R-13745680-1560360469-5838.jpeg.jpg
R-13745680-1560274978-2656.jpeg.jpg

30DC85E7-3B64-4F33-921A-081D87479735.jpeg
Chris Rea - Road Songs For Lovers
Typical Chris Rea album, nothing spectacular but really solid.
Can’t figure out the album cover though.
After years of great artwork painted by Chris himself, this one has a cheesy collage lol.

Jeff Beck ‎– Who Else!

Techno Beck ? - It definitely works for me..

"Despite the many techno-styled rhythms and grooves, the drummer and bass player bring some human feel to them.
Flaming guitar pyrotechnics and vast amounts of unexpected guitar stuff, make this another chapter in Beck’s thick dictionary of fingered guitar manipulations.

Who else? could have done a record like this"

71Yc+y6CtrL._SL1500_.jpg

Jeff Beck ‎– Who Else!

Techno Beck ? - It definitely works for me..

"Despite the many techno-styled rhythms and grooves, the drummer and bass player bring some human feel to them.
Flaming guitar pyrotechnics and vast amounts of unexpected guitar stuff, make this another chapter in Beck’s thick dictionary of fingered guitar manipulations.

Who else? could have done a record like this"

View attachment 61228
I saw him on that tour in Oakland at The Fox, still a brat, much more cooler head these days.

Antiphonal Music of Gabrieli
Sony classical CD
A remastering of two late 60s albums of the best brass ensembles of the day and E Power Biggs ( who has appeared on DV releases)
A classic of this kind of music
77 minutes and cheap to get.

Back