Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain't it funky now!
1608823690205.png

https://www.discogs.com/James-Brown-A-Soulful-Christmas/release/8303540

Stanley Clarke ‎– Stanley Clarke

A fantastic mix. Every instrument is crystal clear. Williams & Clarke produce the hypnotic structure for Connors & Hammer's jams.

"The enthusiasm of the players and the technical difficulty involved in their floor exercises result in a satisfying, fusion-filled journey.
There are times when composition-wise it's no more than a glorified jam session with exceptional virtuosos struttin' their top-shelf stuff.
But it works big time and a splendid time is had by all"

81FIQgJOjmL._SL1500_.jpg

Return To Forever Featuring Chick Corea ‎–
Where Have I Known You Before
"The strong point on this album is the exciting interplay in eight tasteful and varied compositions, from mellow (with acoustic piano) to propulsive & Progressive Rock.
Funky, explosive, and at times, even mildly psychedelic. 'Where Have I Seen You Before' explores all of the different dimensions of Jazz Fusion to create a truly mesmerizing performance"

61Dz5vODfML._SL1000_.jpg

Jean-Luc Ponty ‎– Aurora

"A warm, pleasant date from JLP here, smooth rounded edges and flowing rhythms combining to create a sound that lands softly in the warm waters of 70's jazz fusion.
The first part of Aurora is a romantic and chilling affair with slow-paced keyboards and a gentle moving violin.
The second part, on the other hand, begins in a faster way full of engaging wah-wah and intricating violin"

61GmgJDxDZL._SL1106_.jpg

56898602-B0CE-447B-AD02-06E8613AD745.jpeg
The Doobie Brothers- Live At the Greek Theatre 1982
I have four of their live albums (this disc overlaps with Farewell Tour) but this one in terms of sound and performance is the best of the bunch (though must admit I haven’t played Live At Wolf Trap yet, but would be surprised if it tops this).

*Edit* I should point out, the last track ‘Real Love’ abruptly cuts out before the song finishes

Last edited:
Michael Shrieve / David Beal ‎– The Big Picture

"This collaboration between Shrieve and the talented young drummer David Beal is an electronic percussion tour-de-force with epic rhythms, powerful melodies, and broad textural brushstrokes.
Amazingly enough, this innovative album fell through the cracks when it was first released and didn't get nearly the attention or distribution it deserved"

R-624402-1139974828.jpeg.jpg

Devadip ‎– Oneness

Oneness: Silver Dreams-Golden Reality by Devadip Carlos Santana is a surprising entry that twists and turns through musical styles that run the gamut from meditational-type music to funk to the Latin rock which he is most associated with.
The album falls (musically) somewhere between
Welcome, Illuminations (w/ Alice Coltrane) and his collaboration with John McLaughlin, Love Devotion Surrender"

unnamed.jpg

Mahavishnu Orchestra With The London Symphony Orchestra ‎– Apocalypse

Album details - Dynamic Range Database

"A remarkable series of pieces that neatly juxtapose and occasionally combine the combustion of McLaughlin's group with rich, tasteful symphonic statements.
New members, electric violinist Jean-Luc Ponty and keyboardist/vocalist Gayle Moran, have their moments, but the real focus of this disc is the quality of the symphonic conceptions and how well McLaughlin blends his lyrical and fiery guitar into the mixture"

71iUvfU+RpL._SL1078_.jpg

Back