Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my "LIMITED EDITION DELUXE BOX SET" in the post, and I'm on my first listen (in LPCM 5.1 surround!)

Here's the poll: HiRez Poll - Wilson, Steven - THE FUTURE BITES [Blu-Ray Audio]

I will be making sure that any posts that do not belong in the poll thread are promptly removed!
This includes all posts about shipping, deliveries, prices, etc.

Thanks Ryan. I am sure the masses appreciate all you do, and if they don't, well you can be damn sure I do. And I know how much work it is and what a pain in the butt it is, so I am so grateful that you are doing such a great job with it.

THANKS RYAN

My Deluxe Boxset and the red vinyl are on the way to Canada via DHL from the official store.
But DHL is charging me $41.73 CAD for Taxes/Duties to be able to deliver the parcel.
It seems that the £38.00 ($66 CAD) I paid for shipping didn't cover that. :confused:

I don't mind paying 45+ for a box-set but it's those import/duties fees that are crazy.

I have avoided listening to this album during the previews or now that it is available on Apple Music. Waiting for Amazon to deliver the Blu-ray before I sit and listen finally. Also broke down and ordered the deluxe set from Burning Shed the other day since I have all the other super deluxe sets.

Same here--I'm surprised it wasn't a single.
The publicity strategy for this one has me baffled. I guess they were going for a strong "trying something new" vibe, at least with the first few singles. Was just a giant turn-off, for me. We'll see if the album as a whole wins me over.
Though many fans are saying the bonus songs are generally better!

I don't mind paying 45+ for a box-set but it's those import/duties fees that are crazy.
You're right, now after the Brexit I may have to stop buying from BurningShed, as the shipping and handling fees in Spain are outrageous.
After listening to TFB in Tidal I cancelled the standalone bluray from Amazon (they miserably failed to deliver on Friday with a stupid excuse) and purchased the deluxe for the Shed yesterday. This well may be my last purchase from the UK :cry:

All I know is that I paid $206 US for the 'equivalent' of OVER 20 QUAD/STEREO SACDs [which included priority s/h from the UK] from Dutton Vocalion. And under $17 for the stand alone BD~A of Steve Wilson's THE FUTURE BITES which includes multiple remixes and two videos!

I'm so disenchanted with massive box sets which include RBCDs and in the case of The Future Bites a CASSETTE [?????]

And what DHL is charging for s/h and coupled with Import Duties/fees, etc. ......... total insanity!

You're right, now after the Brexit I may have to stop buying from BurningShed, as the shipping and handling fees in Spain are outrageous.
After listening to TFB in Tidal I cancelled the standalone bluray from Amazon (they miserably failed to deliver on Friday with a stupid excuse) and purchased the deluxe for the Shed yesterday. This well may be my last purchase from the UK :cry:

It takes a lot of courage to order from Burning Shed being OUTSIDE U.K.
Last time I tried to order something from them (it might have been "The Raven that refused to sing" cd/dvd limited edition by SW himself) I was paying more for the shipping than the item itself..

Last edited:
Maybe these governments are trying to get consumers to order within their country so as to better keep track of taxes.

LIKE OUR LOGO IN THE STATES: BUY AMERICAN......when all we manufacture now is Cars ..... and rubber duckies!

See the source image

I made my own bundle via Amazon of the standalone redbook CD (ripped lossless into iTunes), and Blu-ray to play the high resolution surround and Atmos.

The packaging on both is pretty nice - the CD comes in a stylistically appropriate white plastic jewel-case inside a cardboard sleeve, although unfortunately one of the jewelcase hinges on mine arrived broken. The Blu-ray comes in a red plastic case, also inside a cardboard outer sleeve.

I made my own bundle via Amazon of the standalone redbook CD (ripped lossless into iTunes), and Blu-ray to play the high resolution surround and Atmos.

The packaging on both is pretty nice - the CD comes in a stylistically appropriate white plastic jewel-case inside a cardboard sleeve, although unfortunately one of the jewelcase hinges on mine arrived broken. The Blu-ray comes in a red plastic case, also inside a cardboard outer sleeve.

I have to buy both options, one for the obvious resolution & one to rip, in order to transfer to various hi - res audio equipment.

I love the "retro" looking CD case, just a bit different looking, although it's just a plastic case, of course.....bit quirky with the series of letters & numbers, too.

Back