Pink Floyd "Animals (2022 Atmos mix)" Blu-ray Audio incl. hi-res Dolby Atmos; 5.1 and stereo mixes (2018 remix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the comment above that Pink Floyd know how to fleece their fans. It seems like I just got the bluray and now this. But as Jon says its a reasonable price etc. I dont have atmos not sure if I ever will. If the atmos downmixes to a better version than the current 5.1 I guess I will be in....
Please schedule your next fleecing...

1710448617108.png

I donā€™t understand the whinging about ā€˜anotherā€™ Animals release. Iā€™d buy just about every Atmos release at this price level. If Pink Floyd are money grabbers what would you call The Who?

Yes certainly this is reasonably priced for a new Atmos mix. However, as a huge Who fan I was very excited to have the bonus material in addition to the Wilson Atmos mixes. (Who fans had been salivating for years waiting for the December 1971 San Francisco concert). Even with all the bonus content, the price point was certainly still too high for Who's Next. And they should have made a stand-alone blu-ray option for the folks who only wanted the surround mixes. But for the die-hard Who fan who wanted all the material included, it didn't feel like too much of a slap in the face.

The flipside of that coin for me is that I am also a huge Floyd fan (despite the fact that the drummer is the only one behaving like an adult these days). I would actually really love to have some decent Animals related bonus content. It boggles my mind that they have reissued the album twice in the last two years and they still won't include the 8-track version of "Pigs On the Wing" and the studio takes of "Raving and Drooling" and "Gotta Be Crazy". Not to mention some live material from the '77 tour. They provided us with this type of material with the Dark Side, Wish You Were Here and Wall reissues. Why can't they do this with Animals? There are plenty of fans who would love to hear that stuff.

But Animals in Atmos on a reasonably priced blu-ray? Well, of course I am placing a Bull Moose order right now.

If the Who were trying to rerelease even a GREAT album like Tommy, or Quad in Atmos, even thought there are 5.1 versions out there, I'm with you my friend! Bring it on! But they're trying to squeeze more money out of a mediocre at best album, which by the way has sold less than their old album Meddle and is about as good at The Final Cut as far as material goes, instead of investing time and money into an album that was universally very well received!
You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Where did you get the ideas that Animals sold fewer copies than Meddle and that The Wall was universally [more] well received than Animals?

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but to me this album was so inferior for songs compared to DSOTM and Wish You were here.
But they're trying to squeeze more money out of a mediocre at best album, which by the way has sold less than their old album Meddle and is about as good at The Final Cut as far as material goes, instead of investing time and money into an album that was universally very well received!
Everybody' got an opinion, but you are way wrong on the album sales.

Here is the truth

https://bestsellingalbums.org/artist/10433

Animals is the 5th best selling PF album. Far ahead of Meddle and Final Cut,, about the same as Momentary Lapse.

I think you're correct that the material isn't as good as DSOTM or WYWH. That's a pretty high bar. Still, it's a far cry from the (mostly) dreck on Final Cut and about 25% of the "filler " on the Wall album. That's MY opinion.

Oh why not, take my money!

I mean how many times have I already bought various formats/version of DSoTM and here I am pre-ordered for their 50th clear vinyl release in April :rolleyes:

I think you're correct that the material isn't as good as DSOTM or WYWH. That's a pretty high bar. Still, it's a far cry from the (mostly) dreck on Final Cut and about 25% of the "filler " on the Wall album. That's MY opinion.

Say whatever you want about the music, but I love the "Animals" floating pig. Anyone make an inflatable balloon of that pig? I can't find one.

"The Wall" is a comfortably depressing album. LOL

Everybody' got an opinion, but you are way wrong on the album sales.

Here is the truth

https://bestsellingalbums.org/artist/10433

Animals is the 5th best selling PF album. Far ahead of Meddle and Final Cut,, about the same as Momentary Lapse.

Itā€™s says the discovery box set only sold 10,000 worldwide.

OK so, I own the 2018 Guthrie 5.1 remix on SACD [PFRSACD28] and have no interest in Atmos.
Tell me why I need this BR.
Ah, maybe because you're a pet LOVER!

As Jon Urban surmised ....by purchasing the ATMOS version you're future proofing in case at some point you decide to go ATMOS and by then the BD~A would've sold out.

Seems small. But it is a 14 disc set. Was it even offered in LP format?
It must of sold more than 10,000 there is that amount on eBay. Can we trust these figures because I have been hearing 250 million albums sales for 10 years now. I think they have sold a lot more albums.

It must of sold more than 10,000 there is that amount on eBay. Can we trust these figures because I have been hearing 250 million albums sales for 10 years now. I think they have sold a lot more albums.
I can't vouch for the numbers, but I doubt it would change the ranking of the titles.

It looks like to me what you are seeing on eBay is the full box set plus all the individually sold albums from the set. I would have to assume the individual album sales would total into the sales for that title.

Last edited:
...I love the "Animals" floating pig. Anyone make an inflatable balloon of that pig?
Can we have some respect for "that pig"? His name was Algie, and though he wasn't a babe, to not know his name ... well, it's a bit deflating.

Some honour Algie, as he should be:

Algie - The Movie?

Back