Pink Floyd "Animals (2022 Atmos mix)" Blu-ray Audio incl. hi-res Dolby Atmos; 5.1 and stereo mixes (2018 remix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Deep Discount currently has the 2022 BD~A 5.1 remix for $22.62 .... cheapskate me will wait for them to list the ATMOS remix and will wait for one of their very frequent 15% off coupons bringing it to under 20 bucks .......

There's more than one way to skin a 🐱...since we're on the topic of ANIMALS!

At least it's not a boxed set, but feeling milked like a cow seeing this. At least let the "new disc" smell fade.

Don't have Atmos so not buying right now anyway, but I'd feel like boycotting until Wall comes out if I did. Or the SW Gilmour.

IMG_1620.jpeg

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the original quad mix is being saved for the 50th anniversary reissue.

It’s the one album I’ve wanted to hear in surround since I got into this hobby, and probably the album that I know like the back of my hand, sonically.

If Guthrie screws it up I don’t know if my heart can take it….
Although he was the original engineer on the album so he should know how it should sound, hopefully.

Seems excessive but I read once the drums alone were recorded on 32-track. They should sound massive!!!!!!!
Is it by any chance because he has one chance to get it right due to his workflow that I hear rumours about where he works directly from the original multi track tapes which is a death wish given the state of the wall ones.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but to me this album was so inferior for songs compared to DSOTM and Wish You were here. I didn't even buy the vinyl back then when it came out, and I was about a year too young to see them do Madison Square Garden show when they were promoting DSOTM, so I am a long time fan! WTH don't they do something with their next great thing, The Wall and stop reinventing this inferior wheel??? Again, IMHO The Wall needs and deserves more upgrading love than Animals! I bought the 5.1 of Animals, listened to it, and then said to myself, oh yeah...that's why I didn't buy the vinyl way back then :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Burning Shed is the cheapest for me, £26 shipped before Norwegian VAT. Will wait and see if the only Norwegian vendor will cary it. I don`t like paying upfront, if I order in Norway there`s a 30 days interest free credit.;)

I'm glad I re-read the title of this tread, initially I didn't see Atmos mix, I thought it was more comments about the 2018 5.1 mix

Same here. I edited the original thread title with my QQ ‘moderator power’ from ‘(2018 remix)’ to ‘(2022 Atmos mix)’ to ensure this got the attention it deserves.

I don’t understand the whinging about ‘another’ Animals release. I’d buy just about every Atmos release at this price level. If Pink Floyd are money grabbers what would you call The Who?

Same here. I edited the original thread title with my QQ ‘moderator power’ from ‘(2018 remix)’ to ‘(2022 Atmos mix)’ to ensure this got the attention it deserves.

I don’t understand the whinging about ‘another’ Animals release. I’d buy just about every Atmos release at this price level. If Pink Floyd are money grabbers what would you call The Who?
If the Who were trying to rerelease even a GREAT album like Tommy, or Quad in Atmos, even thought there are 5.1 versions out there, I'm with you my friend! Bring it on! But they're trying to squeeze more money out of a mediocre at best album, which by the way has sold less than their old album Meddle and is about as good at The Final Cut as far as material goes, instead of investing time and money into an album that was universally very well received!

Back