HiRez Poll Wright, Richard - WET DREAM [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Richard Wright - WET DREAM

• Total voters
After one listen last night, I give this one an 8. I was very impressed with the fidelity - probably the best this album has ever sounded. Surround mix is good, but it did not strike me as one of SW's very best, but maybe that's the material he had to work with. I just felt as if it sounded very safe. When I listen to a surround mix, I want it to not only immerse me in the music (which this mix does) but also open up new avenues for hearing music that I have listened to countless times before. Don't get me wrong - this sounds wonderful, but it did not give me the goosebump feeling that my favorite "10" surround mixes have done.

Again, some of this reaction might be due to the material. I've always liked the album, but there are songs that are just a bit flat. I also find Mel Collins' sax to be a little cheesy and very much of its time - I would have preferred more Snowy White guitar solos in place of the sax solos.

All in all, I'm glad I have this for an occasional listen, but I don't anticipate that I'll be reaching for it all that much.
Are you listening in Atmos or 5.1?

I guess he means it's nice to have an atmos disc without having to buy a big box with cd's, lp's and posters etc
Right. Anyone else pissed off about the price of box sets? I was a sucker and bought the DSOTM set primarily to get the get the Atmos mix, only to have a stand-alone Blu-ray released. $200+ for Who's Next? I don't begrudge artists from making a living, but I don't want demos and shitty live recordings along with a picture book anymore.

Right. Anyone else pissed off about the price of box sets? I was a sucker and bought the DSOTM set primarily to get the get the Atmos mix, only to have a stand-alone Blu-ray released. $200+ for Who's Next? I don't begrudge artists from making a living, but I don't want demos and shitty live recordings along with a picture book anymore.
I generally agree with you wholeheartedly.
Having said that, when it comes to the Who’s Next/Lifehouse box, the mold has been broken & the demos are worth the price of admission…really.
There is so much depth revealed in regard to the album we would come to know as the magnificent single disc “Who’s Next”…
Just wait & find a good price if you have any interest at all…
I paid less than $200 and am EXTREMELY pleased…
This box has more to offer than most…and they did not force me to order vinyl 😜

No surprise that this is a great mix. My setup is a 5.1 one, so the Atmos goes through that. I normally listen to 5.1 first. Both sound great to me, and in particular those drums.

The music isn't for everybody. It's very mellow and RW isn't the best singer or lyricist. Still, it's easy to tell on more than a couple songs where his input was in Pink Floyd. His contributions are likely more than is commonly realized.

It came with a foldout of various pictures and some postcards. Nothing fancy, but I really don't care about that stuff as much as the mix. Better than nothing.

I think every person who considers themself even a moderate PF fan should probably add this to their collection. It's very chillaxing-- good for an afternoon nap. I suspect most of us on here have reached the Era of the Afternoon Nap more than a few years ago.

10/10

For now I am not going to cast a vote because I don't have Atmos, but it looks like most of the voters don't either. I'll still post my review, such as it is.

Anyways, if you're on the fence on this one, the 5.1 mix is worth the price alone. Rarely I have been so excited about a release and still have it surpass my expectations. Thank you Steve Wilson, and to Gala Wright for getting it going, and to Guy Pratt for recommending Wilson.

I haven't cast many tens, but if the Atmos is as good as the 5.1, it would hit that spot for me. Only other 10 I recall of was the Chicago Quadio set.

An album that shows why Pink Floyd were not Floyd without the fragile soul of the band. All that lovely keyboard floydyness.
This always was a laidback album, piano and organ are classic melancholy Wright I love it. On then to the mix, it very much supports the album subtle backing vocals in the rears elegant use of all the speakers a mix very much out of the top draw. Let's have Broken China remixed as well. And if Mr Gilmour does not want his albums in surround how about the craziness of Nick Masons Ficticious Sports remixed

Back