Bi Amping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, there kap n.
I always wanted to try that, but champagne taste and beer budget prevents.
When you did the Bi-Amp did you also do the Bi-Wire for the speaker?
I have my 5 foundation speakers Bi-Wired, I like the science behind it.

How can one not?

Is there really any?
Kal, your so straight forward.
So when I say science, what I mean, and I would have assumed you knew what I meant.
Bi-wiring a speaker can be a way to improve overall sound quality. Ideally, one would run two identical lengths (and type and gauge) of two-conductor wire to each speaker. One wire handles the tweeter and the other the woofer for each speaker.
The SCIENCE behind this is just that simple, not complicated.

Awesome, there kap n.
I always wanted to try that, but champagne taste and beer budget prevents.
When you did the Bi-Amp did you also do the Bi-Wire for the speaker?
you take advantage of the height Dolby Atmos amps that I am not using...yes, double wiring the front speakers so that the HF and LF use different amps..
This is how it be

So when I say science, what I mean, and I would have assumed you knew what I meant.
Bi-wiring a speaker can be a way to improve overall sound quality. Ideally, one would run two identical lengths (and type and gauge) of two-conductor wire to each speaker. One wire handles the tweeter and the other the woofer for each speaker.
I see a wiring description. I do not see any science.

Have had the CSW Towers bi-amped with spare channels (Amp Assign) for maybe 10 years, currently from a Denon AVR-4310. That’s after 12 years of standard powering with terminal straps intact.

For average playback volume now, it’s good but not as noticeable. But as you lean into it and turn it up it becomes more evident, to me at least.

I’m thinking Atmos makeover next year.

Actually the science behind it says the result would be the same as doubling the size of a single cable.

I see a wiring description. I do not see any science.

1615517194252.png
Bi-Wire-connection.png

I see twice as many amplifiers (bi-wired) compared to a standard stereo (bi-wire) connection. Twice as many amplifiers is good right? I think so

Last edited:
Your loss.
Nope. If you cannot explain the science behind your contention that there is "a way to improve overall sound quality," the loss is yours
Actually the science behind it says the result would be the same as doubling the size of a single cable.
Agreed but, unless the original cable was unsuitable, the effect is nil.

Nope. If you cannot explain the science behind your contention that there is "a way to improve overall sound quality," the loss is yours

Agreed but, unless the original cable was unsuitable, the effect is nil.
Whatever, I know you know, you know what we are talking about, you are just being a mind trip.

true, and doubling the size (length or diameter) only affects resistance. Resistance is only a limiting factor if the cable is unsuitable to begin with, as Kal said. With a proper size cable a sound can be enhanced by using more amps (bi-amping) because then you double POWER, not length or diameter and power is what drives each speaker component (tweeter, mid or sub).

I would literally bi-amp every one of my 7.2.4 speakers if I could but copper is so expensive lol j/k

Last edited:
Whatever, I know you know, you know what we are talking about, you are just being a mind trip.
Bi-amping good. Bi-wiring worthless.. Unless you are Noel Lee and let the big wire carry the bass, tiny wires carry the treble.

With respect to the Kap'n, you don't bi-amp a Marantz 7012 receiver, you bi-amp a speaker.

Bi-amping good. Bi-wiring stupid. Unless you are Noel Lee and let the big wire carry the bass, tiny wires carry the treble.

distance, diameter, resistance

A revelation was when someone said look at the wire connections on a computer sound card. Incredibly thin but incredibly short distance.

Back