Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Harrison Japanese Box Set 2021.
Disc 3 Day 1 Demos
SHM CD 16/44.1 DR's are 8's, 9, 10, 11's.
R-19795822-1628478118-9621.jpeg.jpg

Hit Singles - Kinks German CD
20 hits, ends w/Lola & Apeman

Caught Laura Nyro live twice
In my 10 fave artists

Caught a tribute to Phil Ochs at Bottom Line and sat with Sonny Ochs, Phil's sister.
Also in my top 10.

Esquivel!!! I've collected a couple dozen of his CD's and a handful of LP'S. Ernie Kovacs used a couple of his tracks. Esquivel in Quad would be a delight. There's a lot going on, so there are some fun synthesized results.

Bought several copies of Light as a Feather. My fave Corea and/or RTF. My last was 2 CD expanded. Got to spend some time with Airto in the 80's, thanks to Slingerland 🥁!

Wish I owned every album ever made. Far from it. I began buying adult 78's at 3. Bought my first Jazz album at 11, and first classical at 16.

Previously unreleased, the "Eric Clapton Mix' of Eric Claptons debut, self titled, released 1970.
The new 8/20/2021 box set has 3 discs of the same songs, Tom Dowd mix UK Version, Eric Clapton mix, Delaney Bramlett mix, plus a 4th disc singles and outtakes.
The three mixes are definately different, but a person would really have to study these with pen and paper. Some songs sound better/different depending on the mixer.
The book that comes in the box set reveals the nature of some of the tracks how they where approached by the mixers. The book eludes to the Delaney Bramlett as being the favored for the more earthy tones, rather that the pop polish of Tom Dowd.

DD452DFD-FF3F-471A-9D4F-269CCEDEF983.jpeg

Robert Palmer - Sneakin’ Sally Through the Alley

What an excellent debut, helped in large part by the instrumental presence of Lowell George and The Meters. Sounds great too.
Got this Japanese pressing for a crazy price, all his other Island records are scheduled to follow in the same series. I’ll be getting them all.

View attachment 70591
Robert Palmer - Sneakin’ Sally Through the Alley

What an excellent debut, helped in large part by the instrumental presence of Lowell George and The Meters. Sounds great too.
Got this Japanese pressing for a crazy price, all his other Island records are scheduled to follow in the same series. I’ll be getting them all.
I could use some better sounding R.P. Rang, where did you see about the new Island series and what year is that Seakin’ you got there?
I wanna check out the DR’s.
Thanks!

Back