Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
driving faster in my car

stonetemple.jpg

THE CASABLANCA RECORDS STORY [Casablanca Records/4 RBCDs/Glossy 47 page booklet in sturdy slipcase]. A marvelous remastered compilation covering the years when artists as diverse as Donna Summers, Cher, the Four Tops, the Village People, Funkadelic and Lipps, Inc. et alia dominated the charts.

R.91c8213aeb2b7ade1b44c9d6dd217e3a

Listening now to Super Deluxe Vol 4, CD 1. Re-released 2/14/21. Stereo 16/44.1.
DR's 9's, 10's, 11's, 15. Orginally released 1972.
I finally got my new tube pre amp set up, have had it about a month.
First I put it in the rack and looked at it for a week, then started connecting yesterday and finished today. Very happy with the performance of the new stereo only pre amp that has a passthrough feature that performs within the home theater system, that is an added bonus, but most importantly I get a boost on all my stereo music.
R-17388772-1613184744-6347.jpeg.jpg

Trying to wake up with one of my number ones album
JANE 'Live at Home"
If you like Deep Purple and the Floyd try it. If you like it BUY THE VINYL as it has a special sound on vinyl
You can also listen to this album VERY QUIETLY
Here is the long track

Try it in SQ

Attachments

• JANE.jpg
    JANE.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 36
Trying to wake up with one of my number ones album
JANE 'Live at Home"
If you like Deep Purple and the Floyd try it. If you like it BUY THE VINYL as it has a special sound on vinyl
You can also listen to this album VERY QUIETLY
Here is the long track

Try it in SQ

Never heard of them, but it sounds amazing...

I've been a fan of exotica for a while, so it was with great pleasure I pre-ordered and received this recently from Cherry Red:

a selection of "Pure Exotica" as dug by lux and ivy (of the Cramps)!

I'm certain I have a bit of this here and there, but still, so far (cd 1) I have found it an entertaining (and rather transporting, which, after all,
is the point) excursion to Pacific paradise via classic tunes by Martin Denny (duh) and associated island floaters.

Now to open my precious bottle of Falernum and mix a Royal Bermuda Yacht Club or two . . . perfect for this balmy, 92 degree rainy weather!
I seem to recall having a collection of Exotica - perhaps on Rhino - that I loved. You have inspired me to dig it out…along with a bottle of Black Seal Rum I carried back from Bermuda years ago 🇧🇲 🍹 🎶

I seem to recall having a collection of Exotica - perhaps on Rhino - that I loved. You have inspired me to dig it out…along with a bottle of Black Seal Rum I carried back from Bermuda years ago 🇧🇲 🍹 🎶
Weekend plans…shaping up…thanks for the inspiration halbroome 😜
P.S. “Exotic Moods” was a Time-Life collection, not 🦏

Attachments

• 2A410251-D5D4-4467-A059-32C7994FBA78.jpeg
    2A410251-D5D4-4467-A059-32C7994FBA78.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
IMG_0045.JPG

Barclay James Harvest - and other short stories

This is the 7th BJH album I've bought in the last couple of years.
It's neck and neck with XII as my favourite.
I've already played the main album in 24/96 LPCM on the DVD.
Tonight listening to the CD bonus tracks on discs one and two.
The BBC Radio One recording of Medicine Man is excellent

The Appletree Theatre "Playback" US copy
The UK version has a DIFFERENT cover !
Within the last 2 days I have been listenig to it 5-7 times
Never heard of them, but it sounds amazing...
Yes this album is quite amazing like you said. If one day you get the possibility to get THE VINYL get it as really the VINYL has a very nice sound and feeling...

IMG_0046.JPG
Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Good album of full out dance music.
Can't say any one song really sticks out (though I did like the one with Elton John).
But the record holds together nicely as a whole.
This version in a hard cover book style with three very good bonus tracks.

Back