Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I continue to be staggered by this one. (Listening to it now.) It’s an example, as someone who was hardcore “no streaming” up until this year, how much great music I would have missed out on.

I probably would have never spent any time on this if I didn’t have Apple Music and an Atmos setup. Just hearing it on a two-speaker system might have been enjoyable, but it’s at another level in surround.

The ability to access so much music on streaming has certainly broadened my musical tastes and given me some massive surprises like this one. If they ever want to put this out on disc, I promise to buy it.

600x600bb.jpg

Last edited:
One of my all time favorites, just think what Atmos could do in the right hands with the drums in Losing You.
Love the drums on that one. Hard for me to listen to it in any way other than “up loud.”

Unfortunately the Atmos mix of “Maggie May” is very underwhelming.
I admittedly didn’t read closely enough and thought it was the whole album in Atmos. Just saw the cover and got excited.

I would love for this whole album and Gasoline Alley to get a good surround mix.

Heyo, a good punk album in atmos. A real mix, too. Bad Religion is known for their vocal harmonies and they are in back and top as you'd expect, as are guitar overdubs. Interestingly, the center channel doesn't have vocals. Infected is a good one to sample for atmos activity.

Can someone on Tidal reveal the mixer?

Andy Wallace mixed the stereo version in 1994, a big deal at the time. This album was the first new release on a major label for BR, also a big deal at the time. Now Atlantic is part of Warner, so this marks another real mix for WEA. Good job, someone, haha!

Last edited:
Back