Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man! One of my favourite Clutch songs 😍
It’s not the best mix out there but I’ll take it. Haven’t really a heard a hard rock/metal mix that I truly love yet. Seems to be elusive for that genre for some reason?

It’s not the best mix out there but I’ll take it. Haven’t really a heard a hard rock/metal mix that I truly love yet. Seems to be elusive for that genre for some reason?
Exactly my feelings. I don’t know, maybe it takes a record concieved for surround/spatial from the ground up? Also, let’s see what Anthrax can do with Among The Living - Indians sounded kinda promising...

Looks like the Warner fake Atmos purge is on at Apple, see the other thread for that (including a really long list of titles that are no longer "Atmos").

When reviewing my library to see what had been removed I noticed a few other notable previously Atmos releases that have reverted to Stereo, maybe there should be a thread for that...

A Bad Think - Lifelike
CHVRCHES - Screen Violence
Florence + The Machine - Dance Fever
Bryan Adams - Reckless (30th anniversary)
Sting - The Dream of the Blue Turtles
Aretha Franklin - I've Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You (predates the other Warner additions).

Looks like the Warner fake Atmos purge is on at Apple, see the other thread for that (including a really long list of titles that are no longer "Atmos").

When reviewing my library to see what had been removed I noticed a few other notable previously Atmos releases that have reverted to Stereo, maybe there should be a thread for that...

A Bad Think - Lifelike
CHVRCHES - Screen Violence
Florence + The Machine - Dance Fever
Bryan Adams - Reckless (30th anniversary)
Sting - The Dream of the Blue Turtles
Aretha Franklin - I've Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You (predates the other Warner additions).
Of the Aretha tracks that you listed on the other thread, I think that “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman,” "Sweet Sweet Baby," "Think," and "Spanish Harlem" were also early--and genuine--Atmos mixes. Don't make me swear to that without double-checking, though.

When doing my Atmos file scraping for the new website I noticed some albums have multiple releases, I wonder if there are ‘fixes’ or new mixes? Some are just with or without explicit lyrics but others appear at first glance to be same but just different IDs. :unsure:

When doing my Atmos file scraping for the new website I noticed some albums have multiple releases, I wonder if there are ‘fixes’ or new mixes? Some are just with or without explicit lyrics but others appear at first glance to be same but just different IDs. :unsure:
The ones I noticed look to be the same, just different id#s.

I did notice that for some Tidal albums in the past. They looked exactly the same.
I always thought that the process of requests for loading albums in the platform was not rigurous, as if someone (or some software) forgot or failed to mark it as done and the album was loaded again.

Perhaps all that IDs should be kept in your database. If they discover the duplication and remove one of them, we could end up with the missing one in our database.

Only Lossless in US
I'm in the US and still getting Atmos.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 7.42.12 PM.png

I'd like to warmly recommend "Monsters" by The Midnight. This is one of the leading artists in the Retrowave genre, mixing classic 80s sounds with modern sensibilities. Think Stranger Things or the Drive soundtrack. Some very nice sax playing on this one, tons of synths and driving beats. I don't like the processed vocals so much, they could use less of that, but hey, them's the breaks. Very good surround experience.

https://listen.tidal.com/album/147965873
Anybody know if The White Album is on Tidal in Atmos? For the life of me, I can't find it. All the other Beatles Atmos mixes are there. A link would be great if it exists.

Back