Tears For Fears "The Hurting" (SDE Blu-Ray #9 with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, ordered.

Please tell me I wasn’t the only one who was logged into the SDEShop site ahead of time to make the process that much faster. Or who orders before even finishing reading the product description.

I will continue to always say thanks when an instrumental mix is included. I know it’s not Atmos, but I do love instrumental mixes of albums.
Yea that's how I did it, logged in at about 5 to, refreshed the page on the hour, scrolled down, found it, click click click and the order was in!

Definitely ordering this one (it’ll go with my Bluray’s of The Big Chair and The Tipping Point) but I’m trying to find out if I can get the slipcase for The Tipping Point SDE Edition as i missed getting it before.
No love for Seeds of Love on Blu? Or is it that big old box that's putting you off?

Last edited:
Oh yeah! Just pre-ordered the next release!
I have become quite a TFF fan since the release of "The Seeds of Love". It has become my go to 5.1 demo disc. I got "The Tipping Point" and "Songs From The Big Chair" as well. All are impressive.
I had all but given up on " The Hurting" getting a Wilson 5.1 release..but here it is!

Fabulous news! Perhaps they'll do Happy Ending as well when its 20th rolls around in September '24.
I'm hoping for a deluxe set with a remaster and live recordings. The album deserves it, and as a general release it wouldn't be subject to the tax + handling fees annoyance.
So excited for this. Ordered. We won't ever get Elemental, but I guess I can dream.
I wouldn't bet on that. A double CD was planned but put on hold while the Seeds box and new album took precedence. Maybe the strong sales since then have prompted a rethink. I seem to remember Steven saying something along the lines of him wanting to remix all their albums...

B2038B74-9B62-4D3B-A094-3A69BA996DF9.jpeg

Here’s Steven’s notes on it… Atmos coming to streaming soon

No email either but a heads up from Haiky saved the day, in his Surround Releases 2023 post.

Is it a Steven Wilson mix ?...YEP
Is it part of the series released by SDE ?....YEP
Is it that great album by Tears For Fears ?....YEP
Have I raided my piggy bank again ?...YEP
ORDERED :QQlove
this reminds me of one of my favorite movies..."Nothing Sacred" with Carole Lombard...all of the "town folk" used to reply..
"Yup!"
"Nope!"
Watch it, it's definitely a great movie in spite of "Mr. Cardboard" Frederic March...

Back