Tears For Fears "The Hurting" (SDE Blu-Ray #9 with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No SDE announcement email yet turned up, but as I always look on QQ its Ordered! :LB
There weren't many 80s bands I really rated back then, saw TFF live and they were excellent.
My email from SDE showed up exactly 5.5 hours after the 9am PST announcement.
No big deal, I depend on this forum for the heads up.

I didn't get a email till 2:30 pm PST so not sure how the email's get sent out.
I did see the speculation on here this morning and good detective work by Ryan and other's.

I bought this on Lp back in 1983 and cd I can't remember what year and I did pickup the 35th anniversary boxset even though no surround so I was really excited seeing the info today that this is finally getting the surround treatment.

Thanks Tears For Fears/Steven Wilson/Paul Sinclair for making this happen, :)

peter

Just about 7:30pm PT here and no e-mail. (And as a business, I have to check my junk mail just as frequently as non-junk folders so I’d know if it got filtered.)

I’ve actually found this pretty typical with the e-mails for these releases.

Not a problem for me as I depend more on this forum, but it may be something Paul needs to look into.

Plenty of time for people with a 10 day window for this one, but if it was a limited release like TYA, I imagine some people would be ticked about being on the mailing list and not getting the e-mail in time.

Hint - like/follow SuperDeluxe on Facebook and you get the earliest notice! I was up til 2:30 AM last night and suddenly I got the notice!
I don't have Facebook, and Paul famously blocked me on Twitter so I can't read anything he writes there. :cautious:

Edit: SDE email finally arrived half an hour ago!

Last edited:
Have never heard this album, but when SW is in, I'm in too. ;)

Perhaps a word of caution to those unfamiliar with this album. To my ears: This album has a significantly different vibe than their other albums like 'Songs from the Big Chair', "Seeds of Love", and "Tipping Point".

It is like they didn't quite find their signature sound until the second album.
This one is a bit grittier. They sounded pretty much like just another synth /goth rock band of the day. Depeche Mode-ish, OMD-ish, with a touch of Ultravox-ism and splash of Joy Division gloom.

I liked it back in the day but was certainly shocked when they changed direction & really stepped up their game with the second album.

Have never heard this album, but when SW is in, I'm in too. ;)
Same here. I bought the Pure Audio release of "Songs From The Big Chair" having never heard it and I thought it was OK but not my type of music. I am buying this one mainly because it's a SW mix and the fact that, since it's a limited release, I will probably have no problem selling it in the future.
And of course the peer pressure from this crowd. :D

Maybe try sowing the seeds of love and listen to that song.. it should convert you i hope lol :).
I do like that song from the first time I heard it (and saw the video on MTV). Eventually I got the TFF greatest hits but not much else stuck. And, of course, thanks to The Breakfast Club, I was brainwashed into liking EWTRTW.

Back