New Atmos physical release: Riverside - ID.Entity (Jan 20)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous of those who have received their copies. I pre-ordered from the Shed on announcement day, but it hasn't shipped. They're normally so reliable about getting releases out their doors a few days before the actual release date.
Mine's in the mailbox, will listen later today. :)

I wanted to listen to the album on Spotify before buying it and I think it's fantastic, so I ordered my copy of the Limited Edition Mediabook with Blu-ray after release date...however after reading the HiRez poll I canceled my order...frankly I'm tired of conservative mixes when it comes to 5.1, especially when this Blu-ray version costs more than 60ā‚¬. I will buy the album eventually but I'll probably go with the standard CD/ 2 CD digipack this time.

Anyone catch the tour? I saw them in NYC last night and it was a fantastic show, the new material really sounds great live.

Riverside Show NYC 3_2023.jpg

Dang. I was going to the Pittsburgh show which is 2 1/2 hrs away from me, but I had to sell my ticket due other commitments getting in the way. They do put on a fantastic show. Glad to hear NYC show was excellent.

Just got back from the Philly show at Underground Arts - it was a very good show overall but plagued by sound problems early on that kinda ticked off the lead singer/bassist (understandably) and his mood didnā€™t seem to ever fully recover. The new stuff did sound great live though!

18279A5F-3B8D-4A83-B9DD-9676941B1D19.jpeg

it was a very good show overall but plagued by sound problems early on that kinda ticked off the lead singer/bassist (understandably) and his mood didnā€™t seem to ever fully recover.
Thatā€™s a bummer, he had a ton of energy during the NYC gig and really worked to engage the audience (the parts where the crowd was supposed to sing the lyrics back actually didnā€™t fall flat!).

Did they do the silent scream bit during the last track? Cracked me up.

They are so great live. I saw them a couple of times on the Night Of The Prog festival in Germany; the first time actually without even knowing them. Fell in love instantly and visited their concert in Hamburg, Germany in november I think. They were enthusiastic and lovely. Even my wife loves them, although she normally has a different taste.
Took me some time to work myself into the new material, though, since my taste is more prog and / or metal, but now I like it as well. They should be much better known imo.

Thatā€™s a bummer, he had a ton of energy during the NYC gig and really worked to engage the audience (the parts where the crowd was supposed to sing the lyrics back actually didnā€™t fall flat!).

Did they do the silent scream bit during the last track? Cracked me up.
Yeah he soldiered through and overall it was still very enjoyable. The keyboard player did this extended interlude solo during the time they were tracing the issues with the bass - that was a nice bonus, it was fantastic!

Ah, I missed that - Iā€™m only slightly embarrassed to say we split before the encore; UA is a rough venue, without seats or much to lean on youā€™re just standing in a concrete bunker below street level for hoursā€¦ every time I leave there my back is screaming. By 11:30 we were toast so we called it.

I finally bought the deluxe set and love the music. A lot of instrumental songs which is gerat. The 5.1 mix could have been more active, still it is a very nice mix and much more dynamic than the stereo mix.
Nudge those fronts down around 3db and a nice immersive mix emerges.

Back