Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Matchbox 20 mixes are OK. Utilitarian for sure, but not mind blowing or as @alansanchez86 said not "SW like."
Agreed, those mixes are serviceable. I played through the debut album and spot-checked the others and everything's certainly good enough, but no mind-blowing stuff so far.

One thing though... Does the track "Busted" sound completely messed-up (or, you know, busted) for anybody else? Low volume and damn, it sounds like a 1930s transistor radio! What the hell happened?!?

In case any QQ members in the London area are interested:
IMG_3885.jpeg

peter gabriel's latest single "four kind of horses (in-side mix)" is on tidal but cannot find it on apple music. great immersive dolby atmos mix like all previous singles from forthcoming album "i/o".

My goodness, “Pour Some Sugar On Me” is an abomination.
Agreed - they've turned a great 80s rock song into an 80s love ballad... :sick:

I kinda feel the same abomination with Lemmy's later day vocals on the Atmos of Motörhead - Enter Sandman. Hopefully the original will be mixed properly some day...
Tidal - https://tidal.com/browse/track/288345700

I was looking forward to tonights listening, but I was dissappointed. :confused: The good music, Bob Marley, had a lousy mix and the good mixes, Def Leppard and Yes, was boring music. I almost fell asleep to the Yes album, this is not the Yes I loved.:confused: Had to play me some RAM to get my Friday fix.;)

Kesha – Gag Order
Two songs from the upcoming, Rick Rubin produced album. Atmos is great.
Album came out today...I just had my "1st spun" and it's amazing, both in terms of musicality and mixing, definitely reference quality.
I was wondering when was Rick Rubin adopt Atmos to his studios (Shangri-La), thought I would think he didn't mix the atmos.

peter gabriel's latest single "four kind of horses (in-side mix)" is on tidal but cannot find it on apple music. great immersive dolby atmos mix like all previous singles from forthcoming album "i/o".
What happened?

Four songs Atmos (in-side mix) in Apple Music, and have they made a mistake for the fifth?

Not in Apple Music, even not 360-RA in Tidal... But Atmos on Tidal ? :ROFLMAO:

Only played 2-3 songs but next to nothing in the heights on my meters. Had to play RAM to check that all was right with my setup, and it was. ;)
The Bob Marley & The Wailers - Catch A Fire is honestly a great Atmos mix... Really well done by Nick Rives who's done the other Bob's in Atmos plus Pearl Jam's Giagaton and others. I get what your saying - the Daft Punk mix is a very high calibre mix to compare...

But mixing in Atmos isn't always about high speaker meter levels... The heights are a valuable asset in placing objects to surround the listening space... It's a tool for balancing the sound which sometimes can place nuances in the music right around your head. 😇

Stir It Up is a fantastic example of a great song and mix... :smokin

Back