Tears For Fears "The Hurting" (SDE Blu-Ray #9 with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bummer I know... But back in the day (ten years or so ago now), one of the big ideas behind 'High Fidelity Pure Audio' (HFPA) Blu-ray-Audio discs were that you could play them without needing to switch on a display!

As these new breed of audio discs don't conform to the original HFPA conception, I'm with you, the video element could be a lot more inventive...
I wish they had a dark mode. I like to listen in the dark, you can't do that anymore.

As for fees people report, on top of the VAT, we pay now copious amount of money for the delivery firm that prepays VAT, and charges sometimes (that arrived to me) a price higher than the item's price for its 'service'.

I could get behind some Howard Jones. (early) INXS, Depeche Mode...

dont forget -

INXS Kick was released in Surround ( and - I think - Atmos )
the whole Depeche Mode catalog - other than the last few years releases - is on either ( your choice ) SACD or DVD surround

Now where is my TFF Hurting ? C'mon SDE.

I wish they had a dark mode. I like to listen in the dark, you can't do that anymore.

As for fees people report, on top of the VAT, we pay now copious amount of money for the delivery firm that prepays VAT, and charges sometimes (that arrived to me) a price higher than the item's price for its 'service'.
I listen with the tv off, can’t you do that?

Agree. Once you get things going you can turn the TV off.
I rarely turn it off but I will turn it to a TV channel (usually sports) while I listen.
Wow, calm down man, that’s called multi-tasking where i’m from, I cant read a book or a magazine while listening to music never mind watch tv 🤓

I got it. As always shipped to my wife's Office address.

Today, I couldn't invite her to have lunch, because she had too much work. I had lunch alone.

@kap'n krunch : "Un buen plato de lentejas con chorizo"

2023-06-14 - Picture at lunch.jpg

Today, I couldn't invite her to have lunch, because she had too much work. I had lunch alone.

View attachment 92702
Looks delicious 😋
I had spicy, lamb mince, chilli 🌶 with rice and veggies.
Home cooked by my dear wife.

View attachment 92702
Oh yeah,
This SDE release is just fantastic in every way.
I can't stop playing it, with no sport on !! :SB

Isn't the track 'Pale Shelter' just gorgeous?

Last edited:
Early INXS would be great.

All the Depeche Mode's have already been done.
To my knowledge, neither the Spirit or Memento Mori studio albums have been released in 5.1 or Atmos, while the previous Depeche Mode titles have been released on multichannel sacd and/or dvd. Both of these titles are very well recorded, with Memento Mori being particularly atmospheric even in stereo. I'd love for Steven Wilson to take a crack at these in Atmos, possibly under the SDE banner.

My oppo 203 has the option to cut the visual off so the screen is black. It’s a button on the remote.
My Sony TV had an option to shut off the screen while not
shutting the whole TV off.. If I'm going to listen to music intently it
must be in the dark. I never was any good at multitasking.
I've watch others for years doing work on the computer, whether at
a paid for job or whatever, and have music rockin in the background.
That was something I never could do either, the music distracted my from my focus
on the work at hand on the screen.
I think it may be a generational thing, younger folk seem to have grown up
with the multitasking gene. LOL

Back