Music streaming on Apple Music in 5.1 (Dolby Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pps. it would be terribly remiss of me not to mention the solitary Teddy Pendergrass solo track (right this way, the Blue Notes.. got shafted!) that was mixed in Sony's 360 Reality Audio a while back, think it was "I Don't Love You Anymore" (oy! the story of my life! πŸ˜«πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜† ) however.. since there's only about 18 people on the planet who can properly decode and playback that silly format, i say FAKKITTTYOOKHANTSSS and choose to play something in Dolby Atmos instead πŸ€©πŸ˜‹

pppsss. WOOOOOAAHHHHHH YEEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!! πŸ’˜πŸ˜…πŸ€­πŸ˜ˆ

pps. it would be terribly remiss of me not to mention the solitary Teddy Pendergrass solo track (right this way, the Blue Notes.. got shafted!) that was mixed in Sony's 360 Reality Audio a while back, think it was "I Don't Love You Anymore" (oy! the story of my life! πŸ˜«πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜† ) however.. since there's only about 18 people on the planet who can properly decode and playback that silly format, i say FAKKITTTYOOKHANTSSS and choose to play something in Dolby Atmos instead πŸ€©πŸ˜‹

pppsss. WOOOOOAAHHHHHH YEEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!! πŸ’˜πŸ˜…πŸ€­πŸ˜ˆ
Bizarrely Adam, I was just reading about Teddy via Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Pendergrass5 Platinum albums
And an untimely demise.
Man, he could sing.

Yep, got those 2 Dutton gems on a double release.

What's this 360 Reality Sh.t :D

Last edited:
Bizarrely Adam, I was just reading about Teddy via Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Pendergrass5 Platinum albums
And an untimely demise.
Man, he could sing.

Yep, got those 2 Dutton gems on a double release.

What's this 360 Reality Sh.t :D
bah.. who hasn't flipped their brand new Rolls-Royce upside down off the dual carriageway and smashed into a load of trees while off their tits on whisky and smack with their transsexual mistress in the passenger seat πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜«

WOAH... yeah?? πŸ‘€πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€―

although the aftermath of the incident only got even more bizarre, with allegations of brake-tampering and revenge by the mob and all sorts of shenanigans, ultimately it was a terrible tragedy, not only for the man and his Family but for Soul music itself.

a hugely talented sexually-charged, vocally stunning, veritable stud of a he-man, cut down in the prime of his life 😒πŸ₯€ don't watch him being wheeled out at Live Aid with everyone in tears, including him, unless you're feeling particularly strong that day 😭

bah.. who hasn't flipped their brand new Rolls-Royce upside down off the dual carriageway and smashed into a load of trees while off their tits on whisky and smack with their transsexual mistress in the passenger seat πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜«

WOAH... yeah?? πŸ‘€πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€―

although the aftermath of the incident only got even more bizarre, with allegations of brake-tampering and revenge by the mob and all sorts of shenanigans, ultimately it was a terrible tragedy, not only for the man and his Family but for Soul music itself.

a hugely talented sexually-charged, vocally stunning, veritable stud of a he-man, cut down in the prime of his life 😒πŸ₯€ don't watch him being wheeled out at Live Aid with everyone in tears, including him, unless you're feeling particularly strong that day 😭
Yep, watched that incredible show from its beginning to its end...and I did as Bob requested πŸ˜€

Almost getting to the letter zee in my search for Apple's Audio/Atmos music not in my library.

Surprised I didn't have this one by Weather Report-Tale Spinnin

spookily, it wasn't in my Library either! 🀯 it may have only recently gone live? πŸ‘€

a wonderful Quad mix also available on Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD, of course πŸ˜‹πŸ˜

maybe a regional thing, idk!? πŸ€­πŸ˜… the other Weather Report Quad has been in Dolby Audio here for the longest time but weirdly not this one πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Actually, my mistake, the Weather Report I was thinking of was Mysterious Traveler, that is the one that has been available for awhile. This one must be new! It will be interesting to compare this mix to the quad from the SACD, if they are in fact different mixes.

Sure 'nuff:

I just discovered this as well... but strangely, after I added both this quad Dolby Audio album and the Atmos album also titled The Best Of Nina Simone but with a different tracklist that was just posted by @fredblue in the streaming Atmos thread, they appear on my Apple TV as one album with the quad cover and both sets of tracks combined:

IMG_6046.jpg

Back