TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how different is perceived the Foundation series by people who haven't read the books and by people like us who have read them and consider them to be some of the best science fiction books of all time.
I have read all of them, the trilogy and also all prequels and sequels. At first it was difficult for me to accept the change of characters, the cloning and other things. But in the end, it is really amazing to see in the screen the Asimov Universe that I had imagined in my youth when reading the books, and I finally assumed the re-imagined from Asimov original.

I hope it gets the necessary audience to avoid cancellation. Unfortunately, since I like "rare" fiction series, I am used to cancellations.

I wonder how different is perceived the Foundation series by people who haven't read the books and by people like us who have read them and consider them to be some of the best science fiction books of all time.
I have read all of them, the trilogy and also all prequels and sequels. At first it was difficult for me to accept the change of characters, the cloning and other things. But in the end, it is really amazing to see in the screen the Asimov Universe that I had imagined in my youth when reading the books, and I finally assumed the re-imagined from Asimov original.

I hope it gets the necessary audience to avoid cancellation. Unfortunately, since I like "rare" fiction series, I am used to cancellations.
I've 'access' to see the 1st series, I've read all the books many times (Asmiov was one of the reasons I went to Uni to do Electronics, his visions inspired me), and like you I have an Asimov Universe in my head, so I hope I won't be disappointed - I can accept some changes to make a series/film, but I'm not sure at what point they will be too much.

I've 'access' to see the 1st series, I've read all the books many times (Asmiov was one of the reasons I went to Uni to do Electronics, his visions inspired me), and like you I have an Asimov Universe in my head, so I hope I won't be disappointed - I can accept some changes to make a series/film, but I'm not sure at what point they will be too much.
I feel the same. But I have assumed that. Otherwise it's the only thing we have to visualize that Universe. I have not explored other things. I do not know if there are games or other multimedia things apart from I Robot film, and the always mentioned robotic laws of Asimov.

Speaking to the series "Foundation", I have not read the books and loveeee the series. Whenever I recommend it to the correct crowd that loves thought provoking Sci-Fi, I stress to get past the first episode before casting judgement. Not that the first episode is bad (it's not at all) but they loaded way too much information into the initial episode for those clueless on the story. I came away literally thinking, "What the hell is this all about???" The production value and actors made me realize I had to give it more of a chance. I'm so glad I did too. I went back and re-watched the first season again before starting the second season. All the pieces fall together nicely and the first episode is good when you have a clue what the hell is going on...

I read the three “prequel” books to Foundation,” then got distracted. I have the original trilogy waiting for me, but haven’t dig into them. My “to be read” pile is at least as big as my “to be listened to” pile. This is the first I’ve heard of a TV series, so I may have to see if it’s in any of my subscriptions.

I read the three “prequel” books to Foundation,” then got distracted. I have the original trilogy waiting for me, but haven’t dig into them. My “to be read” pile is at least as big as my “to be listened to” pile. This is the first I’ve heard of a TV series, so I may have to see if it’s in any of my subscriptions.
It is in Apple TV+

If you are a fan of the books, you have to put yourself in "open mind" mode to enjoy the series.

Watched episode six of Ahsoka (Disney+) last night, and thought it was an absolutely epic episode; one of the best yet for this series!

Only two more episodes left for this season.

Here's a little video from someone (SPOILER ALERT) that gives some potential creepy details of Thrawn's army.

Out today on Netflix, the first of 4 Roald Dahl short story adaptions by Wes Anderson, the other 3 being released over the next 3 days (of which we only know their title (and thus corresponding short story; The Swan, The Ratcatcher, and Poison)), who’s in them, and a single frame.

Just watched this first one and thought it was brilliant, but then again I’m a complete and total fan of Wes Anderson, who I know others find odious.

Last edited:

Out today on Netflix, the first of 4 Roald Dahl short story adaptions by Wes Anderson, the other 3 being released over the next 3 days (of which we only know their title (and thus corresponding short story; The Swan, The Ratcatcher, and Poison)), who’s in them, and a single frame.

Just watched this first one and thought it was brilliant, but then again I’m a complete and total fan of Wes Anderson, who I know others find odious.

Asteroid City
on Peacock

Asteroid shenanigans, Aliens and a naked Scarlett Johansson; what's not to like?

Thanks for the heads up, PM! I can't say I've seem every Wes Anderson film (started with Rushmore) but every one I've seen is captivating & memorable. Just watched Asteroid City on VUDU & loved it. I am primed for more so when I'm done here I will go down to the Bassment & check out Henry Sugar.

Hollywood writers & actors strikes against the studios news-

I believe the writers have come to an agreement with the studios to end the strike; now we wait to see if the actors can get their deal done also.

Similar issues for the actors IINM-

wages, safety measures and protections on the use of artificial intelligence.

Don’t expect your favorite new fall shows to stream on-time; they’ll probably be delayed ‘till Jan.-Feb.

No worries, I’ve got a huge stack of new surround titles to keep me warm and toasty 😁

I don't miss most of the shows particularly the talk shows. I only feel sorry for the people who work behind the scenes who need to support their families. Glad they can get back to that soon.

Back