TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have Kanopy (part of many public library subscriptions), they have it at no charge. At least they did a week ago.

Thanks Mr barfle! The Kanopy service is completely new to me. I checked & there are participating libraries in my area. I've been looking for some hard to find Bob Altman films & they might have it. Next step is to dig around & find my library card...

As for the Beach Boys I have Love and Mercy & their 2012 live performance in my purchased VUDU/Fandango library. I watched the latter a couple of nights ago but haven't seen the new biopic yet. We do have Disney +, Britbox and Netflix plus the usual cable bundle.

Also enjoyed Smile CD & Pet Sounds DVD-A last night. I guess the surf's up for me!

Speaking of "The Boys"; I recently went back in time and binge watched another one of Antony Starr's (main character) shows (on MAX) that I had totally missed when it came out. If you like the 'ultra action' genre (y) Four seasons from 2013-2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(TV_series)

Hoon Lee, totally stole the show IMO

1716660081944.png

Thanks Mr barfle! The Kanopy service is completely new to me. I checked & there are participating libraries in my area. I've been looking for some hard to find Bob Altman films & they might have it. Next step is to dig around & find my library card...

As for the Beach Boys I have Love and Mercy & their 2012 live performance in my purchased VUDU/Fandango library. I watched the latter a couple of nights ago but haven't seen the new biopic yet. We do have Disney +, Britbox and Netflix plus the usual cable bundle.

Also enjoyed Smile CD & Pet Sounds DVD-A last night. I guess the surf's up for me!
Some public libraries also offer hoopla as part of their membership. My city library has hooplah, my county library has kanopy.

Worth checking out, as theyโ€™re both without direct subscription fees.

currently, in the evenings, I'm thoroughly enjoying this littl' British romp by Guy Ritchie on Netflix (no not the movie, a new series)

The Gentlemen | A Guy Ritchie Series Official Trailer | Netflix​

Last edited:
The man--er, the Pup--ain't lyin'. OMG it's good. Absolutely gob-smacking. The music, the story, the storytelling, the interviews, the footage, the editing, the production design, the graphics. Dang.
Agree about all that. I also feel you can gather some artistic connections in all this. As, one example, I was watching the performance of Otis Redding at The Monterey International Pop Festival in '67 and a light went on instantly thinking "Janis Joplin" I never realized his influence on her, but then did some follow up reading, and yes she would study his stage performances during that time.

I'm not ashamed to say, this is the kind of show that brings me to tears, more than once while watching it.

Other series I've finished (and currently) watching in the last month are:

Netflix's 3 Body Problem
- very interesting and engaging series for me, but I was surprised with how the first season ended, and everything left in the air so to speak. And with IINM, the fact they didn't yet know if they were going to get a second season approved.

Amazon Prime's Fallout
- another very satisfying Sci-Fi adventure, looking forward to more.

Netflix's BODKIN
- a slight nod & vibe to the movie "Local Hero" to this one, but with a more serious feel to it. Just OK IMO.

Netflix's THE GENTLEMEN
- finished this series and enjoyed it's wackiness!

Apple TV+'s Constellation
- only got about half way thru this series and had to stop; just too much of the same thing show to show without moving the story line along, very frustrating.

Apple TV+'s Dark Matter
- currently watching this show, which is based on concepts of "Schrรถdinger's cat", started a little slow the first couple of shows, but has me hooked at this point.

Sugar

was trying to find something to watch on streaming, as I was all caught up on the shows I've been watching. So I saw this show on Apple TV+ and thought I'd give it a try a few nights ago. It starts out as a quasi China Townesque private dick show, but then slowly turns into something much different. I ended up binge watching it over the last few nights. I'd highly recommend not looking for spoilers or any info about it online, so that the gradual shift in the show reveals itself as intended; eventually giving up most of it's secrets around episodes 6 & 7. Colin Farrell stars with a somewhat laid back, but interesting performance. Eight episodes total.

Finally checked out John Mulaney's Everybody's in LA on Netflix. First episode had a strong open, but the rest of the hour was uneven at best. Highlights for me were a performance by St. Vincent and Will Ferrell as Lou Adler. I know a certain QQ prominent citizen is justly devoted to Ron Burgundy, but you gotta admit this guy would make a good avatar too:

Back