TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all so freakin crazy, no matter what you watch, on every commercial break you're hit
with a fairly interesting preview of some new streaming show, each on a different network and each for only an additional 9.95, 10.95 or 11.95 a month.
And people thought they had it bad when the networks bundled (only) 150 channels for only 39.95 a month.
I'd hate to see the total media bills for an average family of 4 or 5 today.
And that's not to include the cell phone and internet bills. :eek:
Six channels for free, that all went off the air at midnight, doesn't look so bad any more. LOL
Well, Sal, it sure beats going to the movies especially with a family of 4 ...... $15~20 for a ticket [3D is usually more] and if you hit the snack bar...forgetaboutit! $3~4 for bottled water!!!!!!!!!

So even if you watch 5 or 6 movies per month ...you're still ahead of the game.

I used to pay 25 cents for a double feature, 10 cartoons and a newsreel and buttered popcorn was a dime ......THOSE WERE THE DAYS! But I also got paid $1.25 per hour on my first job .....so everything's relevant!

Out of curiosity I got a Netflix subscription last year. Yes, thousands of shows, but discovered it was mostly over hyped drivel and / or of no interest to me. I tried to watch a couple and feared my brain cells were being rotted. Needless to say I cancelled my subscription and immediately felt much better.

Out of curiosity I got a Netflix subscription last year. Yes, thousands of shows, but discovered it was mostly over hyped drivel and / or of no interest to me. I tried to watch a couple and feared my brain cells were being rotted. Needless to say I cancelled my subscription and immediately felt much better.
I utilize that drivel from Netflix and many other similar streaming services most effectively; to clear my head after a long day of reverse engineering Interdimensional Drone UAPs. It all makes sense now!

Tray tables up and seats fully reclined please.

You still don’t know Gennarino Carunchio ✊

Biscuit, anyone?

1705150764898.jpeg

a full trailer for Season 2. I never played the game or read any of the stories for this show, and even though I love a good Sci-Fi show, for some reason, this one just doesn't seem to resonate well with me :unsure:

Halo The Series | Season 2 Official Trailer | Paramount+ (Feb. 8th)​

a full trailer for Season 2. I never played the game or read any of the stories for this show, and even though I love a good Sci-Fi show, for some reason, this one just doesn't seem to resonate well with me :unsure:

Halo The Series | Season 2 Official Trailer | Paramount+ (Feb. 8th)​

I've never been a gamer, but I liked this well enough when I had a Paramount+ subscription. I'll wait until some Star Trek comes back to restart the subscription.

My wife and I had been watching Homeland on Paramount + with Showtime. We were in the middle of season 4. It seems that Paramount had sold the show to another company and pulled it without any warning on January 31...just gone into the ether. All of these streaming services and the people who operate them can go to hell.

My wife and I had been watching Homeland on Paramount + with Showtime. We were in the middle of season 4. It seems that Paramount had sold the show to another company and pulled it without any warning on January 31...just gone into the ether. All of these streaming services and the people who operate them can go to hell.
I can’t count the number of sources I’ve watched “Yellowstone” and its prequel through, including DVDs from the library. Right now it seems like everything is on Peacock, but who knows where the next season or the next prequel will appear.

I can’t count the number of sources I’ve watched “Yellowstone” and its prequel through, including DVDs from the library. Right now it seems like everything is on Peacock, but who knows where the next season or the next prequel will appear.

DVDs from the public library are beginning to become the only reliable 'streaming' source. It is sad, really. If these streaming companies can't be counted on to maintain their own homemade content on their own platform, then why bother with them.

Premiering TONIGHT on HBO/HBO MAX at 9 PM [EST] Season 4 of TRUE DETECTIVE NIGHT COUNTRY with Ms Jodie Foster

True Detective 4 has been really good so far, Ralph. It's really spooky! 👻🫣 Bloody hell there was an 'Exorcist moment' in the last episode - I nearly jumped out of the chair!

Certainly seems a bit chilly in that part of the world... 🥶 Great that it's in 4K and in Atmos.

Jodie Foster is fab as a cranky but determined chief cop. Looking forward to the next episode...

DVDs from the public library are beginning to become the only reliable 'streaming' source. It is sad, really. If these streaming companies can't be counted on to maintain their own homemade content on their own platform, then why bother with them.
The problem, of course, is not what have they done but what will they do? Netflix held on to “House of Cards” for its entire run (useless final season notwithstanding), so it seems like a new series would be stable on a single platform, but obviously that no longer is guaranteed.

Back