Quadio bundle #4. Let the speculation begin!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an interesting quad release, it came out in three different printings but only on 8-Track cartridges, no LP, and no reel to reel issued here.

Is this his best quad album musically? Or is "Hold On, I'm Comin'" the higher rated of the two titles from Herbie?

I can't help thinking that two-fer Quadio releases will someday be a reality. Like not this year, but maybe next.

Higher rated by whom?
Hold On was recorded live, gets props as exciting.

Push Push is a Muscle Shoals Studio recording, likely a better quad mix for that reason alone.
Duane Allman guitar solos, sold more, charted, better known, two different iconic versions of cover art.
Push Push for the win!

I think it was Spain that gave it an alt. cover for some reason.
push push.jpg

Why would it be? No evidence it was ever mixed and released in quad.

All Good Men was a single-inventory EV release, just like Gandharva the year before, and like that album the engineering and quad mix was done by Robert Orban, with the assistance of the artists, and confirmed in the original dust jacket:

1709069209247.png

Rumour has it Joy To The World, Best Of , may exist in their vault .

I have heard that rumour and seen the it as a "Coming Soon" title, though I can't remember where I saw it. I do have it noted as a *rumoured* release in my spreadsheet.
It's right up there with The James Gang 16 Greatest Hits and Steppenwolfs' 16 Greatest (which would have been a two-tape set). If the Three Dog Night album actually exists. it may be the only source for a TRUE not-mono version of "Shambala".

I have this sneaking suspicion that, had Quad lived a little longer, and GRT gained more production capacity.... we'd have seen a couple of two-tape sets from GRT and ABC. The only *ONE* I know of was B.B. King & Bobby Bland. The reason I claim it's the only one as it came in a specific box that has the label art on it and holds two cartridges. The Mountain Flowers of Evil pair was sold as two separate cartridges.

Right now I wouldn't mind one or two of the following:

Passport Handmade
Kraftwerk Autobahn
Eric Burdon Sun Secrets
and one of the six unreleased quads--Joni Mitchell Miles Of Isles ,
but if available then for sure :
Rod Stewart Atlantic Crossing

Thinking about these earlier today , and we'll, I think it's time for one of the previously Unreleased Quads.

I have heard that rumour and seen the it as a "Coming Soon" title, though I can't remember where I saw it. I do have it noted as a *rumoured* release in my spreadsheet.
It's right up there with The James Gang 16 Greatest Hits and Steppenwolfs' 16 Greatest (which would have been a two-tape set). If the Three Dog Night album actually exists. it may be the only source for a TRUE not-mono version of "Shambala".

I have this sneaking suspicion that, had Quad lived a little longer, and GRT gained more production capacity.... we'd have seen a couple of two-tape sets from GRT and ABC. The only *ONE* I know of was B.B. King & Bobby Bland. The reason I claim it's the only one as it came in a specific box that has the label art on it and holds two cartridges. The Mountain Flowers of Evil pair was sold as two separate cartridges.

To be frankly honest , I've never heard or read anything related to a quad release of anything by Steppenwolf...but it would be an incredible album.

As to Three Dog Night , Joy To The World Best Of , I have this from Sansui's Four Channel Scene..May 1975 International Edition.

17091711725477993451494012788645.jpg

I hope there is at least one surprise title , as was the case for the last 3 bundles.

I find it a surprise that they gained "Far Out Productions" which means all the quads from War and one from Eric Burdon, previously not WEA artists
And if you check their artists list you will find Kraftwerk as well , again previously not on WEA.

Now I listed all 4 of those titles to kind of pick up my Quadio spirits , as I'm still waiting on my disc's from the January bundle.🤷‍♂️

Kraftwerk is hard to find, that would be a definite "oh wow", even though I already have the Q8. Just keep them coming, please.

Back