Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those weight activated bird feeders. Works fine for the smaller birds. Last Xmas my wife gave me this:

https://www.amazon.com/Recognition-...feeder+with+video&qid=1710527619&sr=8-36&th=1

It is pretty cool! It notify's your phone if theirs activity on the perch, has audio to hear the birds and also a siren & one way talk from the phone to scare away squirrels. It has night vision & uses AI to identify the birds. Before I got this I didn't know a finch from a sparrow. Plus how it's mounted we can also see the birds from our kitchen window.

It is an easy target for squirrels but I use use spicy hot bird seed & they don't like that. The birds love it.

I have one of those weight activated bird feeders. Works fine for the smaller birds. Last Xmas my wife gave me this:

https://www.amazon.com/Recognition-Powered-Capture-Detection-Watching/dp/B0CQT7DW51/ref=sr_1_36?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.lhp7Q-TNJbZZVJMJcKkSUwsReU-1c0bq98nvMfvw1ww6BFZW047qbyHXy4B23V6cpuFqKqvHoNAaUvMkFa2I5gzpsP5yA80C-RSDy0txcmk5R2qQ4UGbesdcduNn5Ncz-cgFJ3tMVayub4Y9xirxrYRalEVsH_0FqBXSBtW81nST2WW3thj3tQXcU2gPlfuCq9v9PYptzK5IGtKm4b3qdog2BZx2LFpdUnlVGAPSJALQA3bOlNGWkfMXbqsPeKitjRVQkdaXamvVs2dxYf5TLBBNecZxM0-pb0T5U-suSO8.P354UMidetBqb1a5dKARkn4Im3ZA0NlF3KIDt1wZvrM&dib_tag=se&keywords=bird+feeder+with+video&qid=1710527619&sr=8-36&th=1

It is pretty cool! It notify's your phone if theirs activity on the perch, has audio to hear the birds and also a siren & one way talk from the phone to scare away squirrels. It has night vision & uses AI to identify the birds. Before I got this I didn't know a finch from a sparrow. Plus how it's mounted we can also see the birds from our kitchen window.

It is an easy target for squirrels but I use use spicy hot bird seed & they don't like that. The birds love it.
I read that the grey squirrels don't like Chilli powder and that the birds can't taste it, so I might try that as the squirrels are devouring the de-husked sunflower seeds at an alarming rate. If it was our native Red Squirrels I wouldn't worry (they also hibernate, and do little or no damage to trees ..... or lofts!) and are now very rare in the UK due to the deadly virus the non-native grey squirrels carry, who also out compete them for food. There is one good bit of news for our native Reds, where Pine Martens have been reintroduced the number of Reds go up, as its easier for the Pine Martens to catch the greys!

The first time i've ever strung together seven strikes. My 15th clean game and my new high score!
8D948792-F6DA-483B-A74D-5CFB3BCF4513_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
We have several of these and they all work well.

The first time i ever strung together seven strikes. My 15th clean game and my new high score!
View attachment 103438
Good thing you aren’t ‘bowling for squirrels’ Clement, judging by how fast and clever the little buggers can be. lol. Congrats on your strike streak. You have become a real force to reckon with.

https://www.amazon.com/Recognition-Powered-Capture-Detection-Watching/dp/B0CQT7DW51/ref=sr_1_36?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.lhp7Q-TNJbZZVJMJcKkSUwsReU-1c0bq98nvMfvw1ww6BFZW047qbyHXy4B23V6cpuFqKqvHoNAaUvMkFa2I5gzpsP5yA80C-RSDy0txcmk5R2qQ4UGbesdcduNn5Ncz-cgFJ3tMVayub4Y9xirxrYRalEVsH_0FqBXSBtW81nST2WW3thj3tQXcU2gPlfuCq9v9PYptzK5IGtKm4b3qdog2BZx2LFpdUnlVGAPSJALQA3bOlNGWkfMXbqsPeKitjRVQkdaXamvVs2dxYf5TLBBNecZxM0-pb0T5U-suSO8.P354UMidetBqb1a5dKARkn4Im3ZA0NlF3KIDt1wZvrM&dib_tag=se&keywords=bird+feeder+with+video&qid=1710527619&sr=8-36&th=1

Might be impossible....

OK I've given up trying to get my Oppo 103 to rip SACD again. Very frustrating. It has hacked firmware that disables scripting, though I have managed to rip a few with it by being persistent.
I ordered a Sony BDP-S590 off EvilBay for ripping. Hope it works! <40$ shipped and has a remote.
If anyone has knowledge that this model will or won't rip SACD please PM me.

Thanks. I have all sizes of birds feeding so not sure how effective those would be.
Normally with every crop of squirrels, some juveniles tend to be a pita. I usually pop then with the air rifle and they learn their lesson. But they are quicker than me these days and I don't like to kill them.
We have squirrel baffles on our bird feeders. The feeders mount on a steel pole about six feet high, with a crook on top to hang the feeders off to one side. On the pole, there is a sort of bell-shaped device hanging on the pole that is too wide for the squirrels to grasp. I often see them climb up the pole and into the baffle, then they come back down.

One issue we've had is squirrels jumping from nearby trees, so we do move the feeders depending on how the branches grow each year.

We have squirrel baffles on our bird feeders. The feeders mount on a steel pole about six feet high, with a crook on top to hang the feeders off to one side. On the pole, there is a sort of bell-shaped device hanging on the pole that is too wide for the squirrels to grasp. I often see them climb up the pole and into the baffle, then they come back down.

One issue we've had is squirrels jumping from nearby trees, so we do move the feeders depending on how the branches grow each year.
I do as well. Apparently this one is flinging himself somehow from a 4x4 gate post an almost impossible distance. But if I move the feeder it will be either out of sight or near a tree. I already have it so high I can barely reach it.

Well, I didn't sign an NDA, so basically a band I had managed to blackma- er I mean convince them to let me mix their debut album in 5.1 broke up before the album was completed. 😭
Young people can be the most creative, yet the most volatile. Knowing what I know now, I wonder how some groups ever made it at all.
Did you ever see Ringo looking happy?

Back