Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band – The Traveler Blu-ray Pure Audio w/Atmos and 5.1 mix out on 8/30 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

The album was originally released in May '19 on Concord and the blu-ray edition is now for pre-order at Acoustic Sounds.
Features:
• Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Headphone Mix / PCM Stereo
• Picture (Menus): 1080P / 23.98FPS / 16:9 Widescreen — The Making of The Traveler
KWS.jpg

The Traveler is an album of experience and profound resonance by the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band. Recorded in Los Angeles, while the band was on a break from their uncompromising tour schedule that left them road-tested and ready to rock, The Traveler showcases some world-class musicians: vocalist Noah Hunt, drummer Chris "Whipper" Layton (formerly of Stevie Ray Vaughan's Double Trouble), bassist Kevin McCormick, and keyboardists Jimmy McGorman and Joe Krown. The album features 10 songs including eight new originals co-written by KWS and some of Nashville's most in-demand songwriters, plus incendiary covers of Buffalo Springfield's "Mr. Soul" and Joe Walsh's "Turn to Stone."

Tracklist:
Woman Like You
Long Time Running
I Want You
Tailwind
Gravity
We All Alright
Take It On Home
Mr. Soul
Better With Time
Turn To Stone

Videos:
The making of The Traveler
Conversations
Conversation – Introduction
Woman Like You
Long Time Running
I Want You
Tailwind
Gravity
We All Alright
Take It On Home
Mr. Soul
Better With Time
Turn To Stone

The album was originally released in May '19 on Concord and the blu-ray edition is now for pre-order at Acoustic Sounds.
Features:
• Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Headphone Mix / PCM Stereo
• Picture (Menus): 1080P / 23.98FPS / 16:9 Widescreen — The Making of The Traveler
View attachment 42392

Tracklist:
Woman Like You
Long Time Running
I Want You
Tailwind
Gravity
We All Alright
Take It On Home
Mr. Soul
Better With Time
Turn To Stone

Videos:
The making of The Traveler
Conversations
Conversation – Introduction
Woman Like You
Long Time Running
I Want You
Tailwind
Gravity
We All Alright
Take It On Home
Mr. Soul
Better With Time
Turn To Stone

WOW.....thanks for sharing. I've always been a huge Kenny Wayne Shepherd fan. Pure Blu Ray Audio ........ double WOW! And from the Concord Label.......their Jazz/POP mch SACDs were PRIMO!

Last edited:
I'm glad there's 5.1 in addition to Atmos. Interesting that it's DTS-HD MA and not Dolby TrueHD or simply PCM. And it begs the question: is it a dedicated mix, or a hard-coded downmix of the Atmos? Was it perhaps the starting point for the Atmos mix?

The Concord Music Group which is releasing this KW Shepherd BD~A in Atmos is home for many outstanding Pop/Jazz and Rock labels/artists and hopefully will release more in this format. They also control the Fantasy [Creedence], Telarc/Heads Up and Vanguard Music Labels as well including new releases from Jazz Legend Chick Corea and Santana's new album......Africa Speaks Africa Speaks

If you recall, Monster Music released some of their outstanding DTS 5.1 DVDs from Concord, as well, including Lee Ritenour's SIX STRING THEORY. Imagine that stunning album in 96/24 Dolby Atmos?

A bit of additional info:
Another pre-order link, direct from KWS: https://shop.kennywayneshepherd.net/products/the-traveler-immersive – US only, free shipping.
As for Europe, very limited supply of the BD-A will be available from the Mascot Label Group in early September.
If you wonder about the bonus video content, the entire “Conversation” video series features Kenny and co-producer Marshall Altman discussing every song on the album, how it was written and recorded and the inspiration behind each one.
And finally, here's a little video teaser for the BD-A from the man himself:

Last edited:
A bit of additional info:
Another pre-order link, direct from KWS: https://shop.kennywayneshepherd.net/products/the-traveler-immersive – US only, free shipping.
As for Europe, very limited supply of the BD-A will be available from the Mascot Label Group in early September.
If you wonder about the bonus video content, the entire “Conversation” video series features Kenny and co-producer Marshall Altman discussing every song on the album, how it was written and recorded and the inspiration behind each one.
And if you do Facebook, here's a little video teaser for the BD-A from the man himself.

Unfortunately, the BD~A is $35 on Shepherd's website vs. $19 at Acoustic Sounds ......... almost DOUBLE the price.

Ordered from Acoustic Sounds, and as I needed to get over US$50 for an international order I added the Jimi Hendrix "Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969" Stereo SACD - I wonder when we'll see the 'other' Hendrix SACD released!

Will they remix any of the other albums into surround? Like 1997s "Trouble Is" with the brilliant track "Blue On Black" (an excellent cover by Five Fingered Death Punch - Blue On Black - with Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Brian May playing guitar on it!, which they play quite a bit on Planet Rock)

Last edited:
The 5 Finget cover also has a country singer on it. It was up for download but in mp3 only so I hope it shows up in another format sometime.

Ordered from Acoustic Sounds, and as I needed to get over US$50 for an international order I added the Jimi Hendrix "Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969" Stereo SACD - I wonder when we'll see the 'other' Hendrix SACD released!

Will they remix any of the other albums into surround? Like 1997s "Trouble Is" with the brilliant track "Blue On Black" (an excellent cover by Five Fingered Death Punch - Blue On Black - with Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Brian May playing guitar on it!, which they play quite a bit on Planet Rock)
I too have nearly pulled the trigger on Acoustic Sounds as no details yet on the Mascot Label web site..
And limited supply makes me think they will be gone in a flash when they appear.

Great choice on the Hendrix SACD!!

Back