Live Bob Marley tapes discovered

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Live recordings have been found in the basement of a hotel in London Bob Marley Tapes - they look like multi-track reels to me.
Hopefully they'd have some songs (and actually release them in my lifetime) not already on the Clearmountain Blu-ray which is pretty darn good. Unless that was posted on April 1st:rolleyes:

I remember these were found about 5 years ago no? Something new?
Yep. Found in around 2015.it took over 2 years cleaning and restoring the tape and transferring to digital. I'm sure someone like universal will buy it

If they are all the outtake audio reels from that live filmed show out on home video (you know the classic filmed Rainbow performance of him at a peak), then thatā€™s something that could be excellent and (much of it) not heard previously. The Live album is very fine, and these appear to be that material, the Lyceum and the Rainbow, exact era of the official live album and the concert film venues. This could be exceptional quality, and top era performances.

Cleanup and digital restoration can often be a really screwed up mess. A lot depends.

Now streaming on all the major services,
Volume 1 released today, sounds good so far.

A select number of tracks from each of the four nights of the Live at the Rainbow recordings have been included on previously released Deluxe Editions of Exodus, and audio and video of the full concert on June 4 was released during the year-long 75th Birthday Celebration, #Marley75, in 2020.
Most of the legendary performances from the previous three nights, however, feature slightly different setlists ā€“ as well as alternate arrangements ā€“ that have never been heard until now.
Bob Marley & The Wailers Live at the Rainbow:1st June 1977 will debut June 3, the exact 45th anniversary of the original albumā€™s release;
Live at the Rainbow: 2nd June 1977 will follow on June 10; and Live at the Rainbow: 3rd June 1977 will conclude the series on June 17.
Across the three dates are 29 previously unreleased performances combined ā€“ thatā€™s more than three-quarters of the shows.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/bob-marley-exodus-45-digital-releases/

https://music.apple.com/us/album/live-at-the-rainbow-1st-june-1977/1625209757

What I had hoped would happen is that the Legend 5.1 mix could be upgraded to include true 5.1 for those songs missing the multitracks.

Back