What Oppo Audio Products Cost Today (after their production ended)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect this was a case of good luck and timing, rather than any indication of a downward price trend, but I just won a used (good shape) 103 from eBay for $230.
There’s more to your story here. There are all the goodies that originally went with the unit and then shipping cost added. So if things like WiFi dongle, original box, Oppo black bag, remote control are all there then more of a deal you got. Shipping can often (when double boxed especially) bring this one up to $300. Granted you don’t need the extra junk besides remote control. But not having the extras will drive some buyers to consider the other ones offered - then they’ll pay more for the feeling of a more careful detailed seller.

You're right: contemporary reviews had the 105 at $1199 and the 105D at $1299. I hadn't remembered they were so much more than the 103s. Since Oppo is still selling new 105Ds on Amazon for $2700 (!), I guess $900 for a good used unit is a relative bargain...
Yes you are correct that the 105 units were considerably more expensive than the one step down at the time 103s.

I got a used mint condition 105D for I think $550 or $600 from a guy on SH music forums equipment classifieds. He turned out to live 60 miles away and we met 1/2 way at In-And-Out Burger in Long Beach. What a wonderful day that was.

I turned around and sold the 103 I had for $350 plus shipping also on SH Forums. I’d bought that on Los Angeles Craig’s List for $400. I’d had it for approximately 6 or 7 months.

The only thing was the next Monday it was announced Oppo was getting out of the disc spinner market. So I could have gotten a few more bucks for my 103. But I was too busy being grateful for my bargain 105D deal.

So happy I was able to do an upgrade quickly and rather inexpensively.

Last edited:
There’s more to your story here. There are all the goodies that originally went with the unit and then shipping cost added. So if things like WiFi dongle, original box, Oppo black bag, remote control are all there then more of a deal you got. Shipping can often (when double boxed especially) bring this one up to $300. Granted you don’t need the extra junk besides remote control. But not having the extras will drive some buyers to consider the other ones offered - then they’ll pay more for the feeling of a more careful detailed seller.

This one had free shipping (and was packaged well). But, yeah, it was just the unit and power cord. Fortunately, the remote for the 83/93 works fine with the 103, and was only $10 + shipping directly from Oppo (via Amazon Marketplace). By comparison, the actual official 103 remote looks to run anywhere from $50-100... and the only real differences are backlighting and dedicated buttons for Netflix and Vudu. Weird.

(It’s interesting how many players of any brand get listed without remotes. Do they all get lost in the couch?)

Now that Oppo Digital's Audio Products (Disc Players, Headphones, DACs, etc.) are no longer in production, I'm sure the prices will go up.

Back