Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
As you can see I'm new here, great thread, i want to extract my SACD's for backup etc but the first attempt to rip is not going well.
I have downloaded the gui software and have extracted it, I am assuming that you click on SACD_extract.exe to run?
the software will not run, a small dos command type window opens for a fraction of a second then closes. Thats about it.
Sony Vaio laptop running windows 10 64 bit, i have downloaded the latest Java. I have Mcafee virus protection.
Am I missing something?
Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim and Welcome
I presume you have followed all the instructions to the letter?
What player are you using?
Regards
Mike

Also have you set up a USB stick?

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply.
I think so, have tried numerous times
I am using a BDP-S4100 and I have set up the USB stick but that part of the process is not working either
Tim

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply.
I think so, have tried numerous times
I am using a BDP-S4100 and I have set up the USB stick but that part of the process is not working either
Tim
Ah the same model as mine.
The USB will need setting up exactly as described, it needs the Autoscript to be a folder and the 3 elements shown within it.
I'm afraid it really is a case of carefully checking every detail in the guide to ensure nothing has been missed.
Once you have to USB set up and working the rest will fall into place.
It's just tricky to get your head around it all until you have understood what's required.
Cheers
Mike

Hi all,
As you can see I'm new here, great thread, i want to extract my SACD's for backup etc but the first attempt to rip is not going well.
I have downloaded the gui software and have extracted it, I am assuming that you click on SACD_extract.exe to run?
the software will not run, a small dos command type window opens for a fraction of a second then closes. Thats about it.
Sony Vaio laptop running windows 10 64 bit, i have downloaded the latest Java. I have Mcafee virus protection.
Am I missing something?
Regards,
Tim
Hmm, I thought I remember opening the file- SACDExtractGUI.jar to get the app open?

Yes you click on SACDExtractGUI.jar (executable jar file), I remember doing the same thing at first. The instructions say to download and install the SACDExtractGUI software, however the files just sit on your computer wherever you extracted them to (Desktop), nothing (but Java) is actually installed. This thread reminds me that I still have a lot of ripping left to do!

Thanks, it would seem I am trying to open the software with the wrong file then!
Away from the computer at the moment will try again later this evening (UK) time.
Thanks for the pointers.
Appreciate the help.
Tim

Hi again.
Just to clear up what I am doing with the software.
I click on SACDExtract GUI.jar
This unzips the package I put the unzipped files (.class) into the same folder.
Then I click on sacd_extract.exe.
This is when I experience the small dos type window.
The application does not open.
Is this the correct sequence?
Thanks
Tim

Hi again.
Just to clear up what I am doing with the software.
I click on SACDExtract GUI.jar
This unzips the package I put the unzipped files (.class) into the same folder.
Then I click on sacd_extract.exe.
This is when I experience the small dos type window.
The application does not open.
Is this the correct sequence?
Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim
How have you got your Sony Player and laptop connected for the ripping process.
Are they both straight from your router?
Cheers
Mike

To use the software its a case of having it available, usually on your desktop. Then once its open you can select what you want to do with it.
Are you able to supply a pic of where you are at?
And can you confirm you have followed all the instructions/guidance in the start of this thread?
Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,
Both through the router.
I can see the player on the network.
Will the app only open during the process or can you open the app at any time?
Am still away from home so cannot try anything but you know how the problem worm bores deep!!!

Tim

Hi Mike,
Both through the router.
I can see the player on the network.
Will the app only open during the process or can you open the app at any time?
Am still away from home so cannot try anything but you know how the problem worm bores deep!!!

Tim

Hi Tim
I do indeed, I spent a good couple of weeks trying to grapple with this royal pain in the arse, all thanks to Sony's encoding..grr.
I think it's how you are opening the Software from the unzipped files.
But like you say, if not at home then tricky to go through the procedures
I shall be in this evening, as watching the South Coast footy derby between Saints and the Cherries.
Will catch up, or others may, when you are ready.
Cheers
Mike

Back