Stratovarius - Elements Pt.1 & 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahahaha. Stratovarius! Now that brings back memories of my cheesy symphonic metal days!

I fully expect this release to be pretty horrible, but you never know! Apparently the release *is* centered around getting the 5.1 mix out there. Any idea who mixed this?

I can't remember the last time I saw a 'cassette' release. But maybe that's what others say when the see a 'DVD-A' release?

Anyone heard this:

Stratovarius: Under Flaming Winter Skies - Blu-ray

Apparently it has a "5.1 mix of “Elysium” (taken from the album “Elysium”) - only on Blu-Ray "...

Anyone heard this:

Stratovarius: Under Flaming Winter Skies - Blu-ray

Apparently it has a "5.1 mix of “Elysium” (taken from the album “Elysium”) - only on Blu-Ray "...

Yep, heard that one... it's looooong... not bad, not great.

Sounds great! More metal, hard rock, prog, death metal, thrash please!

Now if Kamelot could do the same with Black Halo which is a true masterpiece.

New arrival from today. I don't know, a few days ago amazon said publishing in february 2015. OK i'm happy to get it now.

Melodic speed metal in DD 5.1

I love this two Parts of "elements". Surroundmix sometimes with killerbass, big room and from the rears more than a whistle, not a lot of effects, but often with symphonic, choir and keyboard sounds from the behind. I give it a 8 for part 1 and a 7 for part 2

Cheap deal with 3 x CD + 1 DVD for 16 Euro amazon.de.

New arrival from today. I don't know, a few days ago amazon said publishing in february 2015. OK i'm happy to get it now.

Melodic speed metal in DD 5.1

I love this two Parts of "elements". Surroundmix sometimes with killerbass, big room and from the rears more than a whistle, not a lot of effects, but often with symphonic, choir and keyboard sounds from the behind. I give it a 8.

Cheap deal with 3 x CD + 1 DVD for 16 Euro amazon.de.

:mad:@:(n):flame

Sometimes I think, that mostly the high definition version isn`t better or i can`t hear it.

About the sound i`ve written a short text three posts down

Between high resolution and DTS I agree with you.
But DD is a difference. You can hear it very much in the highs (overheads) and the sound is thin or mudded. :)

I'm listening to it right now.
I buyed it, because it was so cheap, and I'm really surprised how good it is.
Yes, it's only DD, but this is definately a very good mix.
It is full an warm.

I recommend it to buy it, if it is your kind of music. (y)

Back