The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prepping dinner....Boxing Bear "Headlock" hazy IPA (6.7% abv, ibu n/a, probably a tad lighter than most of their IPA's)
[IMG]

Looking in the fridge, I've got a very serious hop shortage! Must deal with that very soon, and with tomorrows drive up to Colorado for the weekend (Bryan Ferry show on Sunday) I'll hopefully come home with some beers I've not had before, then next week I'll restock with the local stuff (the Project Dank Fall Edition is released today).

But for now, as a bridge between the sour and the IPA, it's a sour IPA...Rogue "Combat Wombat" (7.2% abv, 49 ibu).
[IMG]

I’m up in Cañon City (CO) on our way to Denver for Bryan Ferry’s show tomorrow. New/ish local micro here, World’s End Brewing.... did a flight and was pretty decent for a small town....details maybe after I’m back home

Made it to Denver, just another few hours before Bryan Ferry show. Near the hotel was Alpine Dog taproom so we stopped in and had a 4oz glass or two - a couple IPAs for me. Both decent but not outstanding.

After a walk of about a mile we’re now at Woods Boss Brewing sharing a flight. A saison, sour with pineapple mango and blackberry, the neipa, west coast ipa and lastly a Chile lime lager. None were less than a VG+, great little brewery. Actually having a couple extra 4oz pours - the other west coast ipa and a black currant lactose dipa.

Home from Colorado this afternoon, excellent Bryan Ferry show last night.

Naturally, I made a couple stops and came home with a little haul of stuff to sample over the coming weeks. The usual assortment of sours and IPA's, a chile lager, basic mexican lager etc.
[IMG]

Home from Colorado this afternoon, excellent Bryan Ferry show last night.

Naturally, I made a couple stops and came home with a little haul of stuff to sample over the coming weeks. The usual assortment of sours and IPA's, a chile lager, basic mexican lager etc.
[IMG]

Tried a Chili Ale recently.
Interesting but couldn’t drink a lot of it

Best beer in recent weeks/months came from Silver City Brewing in Bremerton WA.
Ridge Top Red Ale and Magnificent Bastard Scotch Ale (the latter 9.2%!)
Beautiful beers, wish I’d bought more than a 6 pack of each

Doppelbock I don't see any Avery or Great Divide in there. *tsk tsk*
Most of there stuff is sold here, at least what I saw in the 2 shops I was in....unfortunately didn't get to their taprooms to get the seasonal stuff. There's always next time - it seems we find a reason to hit Colorado at least once a year.

Back