Kraftwerk Minimum-Maximum DVD Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfram

I would like to know about the Minimum-Maximum-DVD. Is the Surround mix on that one the same as on the unobtainable SACD? Or is it just audience on the rears? How is the sound quality? I've read the visual quality sucks, but I'm merely interested in the surround mix.
And are there differences between the German and English version?

Danke!

I would like to know about the Minimum-Maximum-DVD. Is the Surround mix on that one the same as on the unobtainable SACD? Or is it just audience on the rears? How is the sound quality? I've read the visual quality sucks, but I'm merely interested in the surround mix.
And are there differences between the German and English version?

Danke!

The surround mix on the DVD-V is VERY discrete - an excellent DTS mix. Comments on the visuals are correct - sort of like watching paint dry. But definitely an acceptable alternative to the aforementioned SACD.

The surround mix on the DVD-V is VERY discrete - an excellent DTS mix. Comments on the visuals are correct - sort of like watching paint dry. But definitely an acceptable alternative to the aforementioned SACD.

I disagree. The visuals are great. Nice background videos and of course the lit suits, and the robots. I prefer seeing and hearing them over just hearing them.

if you are still looking, the DVD-V DTS version (the same mix I guess, and sonically wise , you are not missing anything since SACD is like a CD, frequency wise),
amazon.co.uk has some copies for 20 GBP ....

amaz*n.de has the GERMAN version of the DVD for 30 EUR...I like "Pocket Calculator" better in German....my baby got me the "Computewelt" CD about 10 years ago for a RIDICULOUSLY high price for my bday...which means she LOVES me...

There is also a Japanese version of Pocket Calculator, called Dentaku. It was released as a single and as a bonus track on the Japan CD. A live performance is on Minimum/Maximum of Pocket Calculator/Dentaku. A remixed version is also on The Mix. Original 1981 Japanese version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a45WovfV3kU
KRAFTWERK%u00252520Dentaku%2520Promo%25207inch%25201.jpg

There is also a Japanese version of Pocket Calculator, called Dentaku. It was released as a single and as a bonus track on the Japan CD. A live performance is on Minimum/Maximum of Pocket Calculator/Dentaku. A remixed version is also on The Mix. Original 1981 Japanese version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a45WovfV3kU
View attachment 9416

Thanks Linda....this IS a freak of nature...the vocals are just...weird!
one thing that this reminded me is to get this on LP...I could hear the difference in fidelity from this and my beloved CD..
BTW, in both the English AND German version of the DVD concert they play the "Dentaku" vesion, so they must be really attached to this version...(cause I was wondering why it said "Pocket Calculator/Dentaku" AND "Taschenrechner/Dentaku)

Undoubtedly, they used both names so that more fans would recognize what it was.

I prefer the Mix's version of Dentaku: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UZ0I0ftSBA I used to use that disc to demonstrate equipment with. It would often yield an "I'll take it!" especially with car-fi. Of course, you won't get the same thumping bottom through your PC.

6945749361_3c55a962c2.jpg
6799633042_11d87613a0_z.jpg

Thanks Linda....this IS a freak of nature...the vocals are just...weird!
one thing that this reminded me is to get this on LP...I could hear the difference in fidelity from this and my beloved CD..
BTW, in both the English AND German version of the DVD concert they play the "Dentaku" vesion, so they must be really attached to this version...(cause I was wondering why it said "Pocket Calculator/Dentaku" AND "Taschenrechner/Dentaku)

Undoubtedly, they used both names so that more fans would recognize what it was.

I prefer the Mix's version of Dentaku: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UZ0I0ftSBA I used to use that disc to demonstrate equipment with. It would often yield an "I'll take it!" especially with car-fi. Of course, you won't get the same thumping bottom through your PC.

View attachment 9457
View attachment 9458

ooooooooo...LOVELY vinyl!!!! gotta get it now..."I'll take it!"...and yes, I have my Mac connected to the Pioneer with the "tiny" E80 JBLs

EDIT; I'm playing the "German" DVD-V and I just noticed that the crowd sings along ONLY in the "Dentaku" version of the song, so my guess is that they edited the Japanese gig into both DVDs
or,
they played the English/Japanese version on one gig and then the German/Japanese one in another....
I need a pay raise...

Back