Alan Parsons to Release "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" 5.1 Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some "Moore-ah-nic" thoughts come to mind about this release:

I never bought the horseshit that marijuana is a gateway drug, but I am delighted to go on record here and claim that Tales of Mystery... in 5.1 will be a gateway for further APP releases in 5.1, regardless of which corporation owns the rights. There is money to be made in 5.1 and temporary cross licensing rights can easily be negotiated if somebody in a suit smells a profit. Just my $.02. I do think we will see more APP releases in 5.1. in the next few years.

Although I don't consider APP's Tales as strong as the next 4 APP records that followed I will happily pay for a separate 5.1 release for Doctor Tarr... and To One In Paradise. Two APP songs as good as any he & Eric ever produced. :smokin

P.S. Thanks to all my brothers who posted on Alan's website requests for a single 5.1 release. In the grassy lands where I and my trusty steed, Concourse raid & roam; the customer is king indeed. (y) Our voices should always speak out to be heard.

Just got done listening last night to Eye In The Sky 2-channel DVD audio enhanced to 7.1 with Logic 7. This disc in faux surround sounded as good as many, many multi-channel albums. Alan Parsons...I mean the man's a fucking genius. Imagine how great APP records would be in true discreet surround.

I listened to this album for the first time on Monday(5.1 upmix DVD A). Great material, I was surprised how good this album is!

Box Set Packshot:
13901500_1180188212045416_46041924100774667_n.jpg

This set looks great! I would love to own it, but it's (currently) too expensive… :violin

Glad everyone spoke up!
Democracy is not a spectator sport and i guess surround releases are headed that direction more with every year. Ya all got your wish!
Good work to all who spoke up and helped the people get what would work for both the folks who would want to own the music and those who might want the other items involved in a boxset.

Hi Tad,

You’ll be pleased to hear that Universal have agreed to a separate release of the Blu-ray which contains the 5.1 mix and a high-res of the ’76 album. Same release day as the box set - currently slated for Dec. 2. Spread the word.

Hope all’s well,

A=

Glad everyone spoke up!
Democracy is not a spectator sport and i guess surround releases are headed that direction more with every year. Ya all got your wish!
Good work to all who spoke up and helped the people get what would work for both the folks who would want to own the music and those who might want the other items involved in a boxset.

Hi Tad,

You’ll be pleased to hear that Universal have agreed to a separate release of the Blu-ray which contains the 5.1 mix and a high-res of the ’76 album. Same release day as the box set - currently slated for Dec. 2. Spread the word.

Hope all’s well,

A=

AWESOME NEWS!!!! Thanks for helping to make this happen.

A happy day indeed. :sun

In this instance we were very fortunate and lucky that three things fell in our favor:

1) We have a wonderful member here in quadtrade that personally knows Alan and was able to make a great pitch for a cheaper 5.1 release on our behalf (otherwise we probably just look like a bunch of crazy audiophiles screaming at clouds…) ;)
2) We are fortunate that Alan cares enough about his craft that he would want as many people as possible to hear his new surround mix, which meant convincing the label for a cheaper 5.1 release so no one would be restricted from buying and hearing it based on their finances
3) It's great for us that out of all the major labels, Universal is the one who that has released the most titles on Blu-Ray audio, so a precedent for a single Blu-Ray release was already established.

Anyway, I'm not sure yet whether I will get just the Blu-Ray or the entire box set. Once more ordering options become available, if I can get the box for the right price, I will! Otherwise, the Blu-Ray will suit me just fine!

Thanks again, quadtrade! We all owe you one! :)

Back