Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hey, time for renewal! Pink Floyd records will be released on vinyl starting on June 3rd with PatGoD, ASoS, More and Electric Moo.

A couple of articles:

Super Deluxe Edition.

Brain Damage.

pfr_first_four_montage.jpg

From the Pink Floyd website...though don't know what that means in terms of where we in US can order these? I see them on Amazon UK, but nothing elsewhere....

Pink Floyd Records releases will be manufactured and distributed by Warner Music for the UK and Europe and by Sony Music for North America and the rest of the world.

What country are they being pressed in, Cesar?

There's no info yet about the pressing plant, as far as I know. It's only known for certain that masters have been prepared by Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman. The stickers read that vinyl are remastered from analog tapes, but we'll have to wait and see if that's true.

No mention to Andy Jackson, surprisingly, as he did the mastering for the '65 release.

Last edited:
España--¡¡Ooooole!!!l

(we met on the SW concert last year..great guy!)

Most of my PF vinyl were pressed in Spain i think, now you can understand why I'm interested on the re-release :)
I do need to replace my Electric Moo with a nice scratch on Set the Controls, a Relics French pressing (noisy) and and overplayed Animals...

I'm mildly interested in vinyl, but this is excellent news. I seem to remember that there were vinyl re-pressings during the "Why Pink Floyd?" campaign, but of only the big albums and taken from the digital masters I believe. This will be the big chance for this generation of vinyl lovers (and obviously the OG ones as well) to experience these albums in this format properly.

This is also excellent news, because the idea of a dedicated label to all things Pink Floyd means we could see more archival releases and of course, hope of all hopes, more hi-resolution surround-sound goodies for us.

There's no info yet about the pressing plant, as far as I know. It's only known for certain that masters have been prepared by Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman. The stickers read that vinyl are AAA, but we'll have to wait and see if that's true.
No mention to Andy Jackson, surprisingly, as he did the mastering for the '65 release.

AFAIK, I'm aware of 2 European pressing plants: France and Czech Republic....

And , César, I understand..Spanish pressings were not good...unless you got a USA or UK Stamper....and even then...

AFAIK, I'm aware of 2 European pressing plants: France and Czech Republic....

And , César, I understand..Spanish pressings were not good...unless you got a USA or UK Stamper....and even then...

Yes there is MPO in France (consistently excellent quality)
GZVinyl in Czech Rep. (hit and miss)
but also
Optimal in Germany (excellent)
Pallas in Germany (also excellent)

...and there may be others.

Spanish vinyl pressings were not good in past decades but honestly it might have changed since then if they still have pressing plants.

I'm pretty fired up about these albums....so in a nutshell, what are you all saying? Will/should these new reissues be quality and where should I be buying them if yes?
Thanks...

Yes there is MPO in France (consistently excellent quality)
GZVinyl in Czech Rep. (hit and miss)
but also
Optimal in Germany (excellent)
Pallas in Germany (also excellent)

...and there may be others.

Spanish vinyl pressings were not good in past decades but honestly it might have changed since then if they still have pressing plants.
Record Industry in The Netherlands is also abig pressing plant, which offers excellent quality from what I am reading.

There's no info yet about the pressing plant, as far as I know. It's only known for certain that masters have been prepared by Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman. The stickers read that vinyl are AAA, but we'll have to wait and see if that's true.

I see no mention of these being AAA relases. Only an indication they are remastered from the original analog tapes. Doesn't indicate the entire process is all analog.

I see no mention of these being AAA relases. Only an indication they are remastered from the original analog tapes. Doesn't indicate the entire process is all analog.

You're absolutely right, I'll try to edit and correct my post. My desire for AAA made me misunderstood the text in the stickers

Wow, i would not mind being in the PF money loop. Remastered and redone again for the umteenth time, of music i have heard for 40 years at least, and heard more times than i wish to admit. Gotta be something better to do with life than to hear these for the 98th time. Dave and Roger Ohh ohh ohh Take the $ and run.

Here is a pre-order link for Amazon US for Piper At The Gates of Dawn...from there, you can easily locate the other pre-orders.

PIPER vinyl

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

And, here is another pre-order from Deep Discounts. A bit less, but with shipping and tax, probably not much different...

DD

Another pre-order from Music Direct...

MD

And then there is Bull Moose...

BM

BURNING SHED
BS

Amazon UK