INXS - the videos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Anybody pick this one up yet. I was wondering how the 5.1 mixes are or if they are even real mixes or just rechanneling. Thanks

Bob Romano said:
Anybody pick this one up yet. I was wondering how the 5.1 mixes are or if they are even real mixes or just rechanneling. Thanks

I'm curious too; doubt there's much effort to remix these. Love the first ones they did..... :confused:

timbre4 said:
I'm curious too; doubt there's much effort to remix these. Love the first ones they did..... :confused:
Considering that a DVD-A of the Greatest Hits LP was supposedly being prepared, I would say that there is a real good chance of actual 5.1 being on here.

Over at the ICE board my friend JohnG writes:

very impressed with this INXS best of Video Collection called
"I'm Only Looking".

The DTS 5.1 sound just explodes out of my speakers. This is how
videos should be made. Great sound. And its fun to see all of these
classic INXS videos from the 80's....

AND

During one of the songs....female voices are heard coming from the
surround speakers that gave me a jolt!

The Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks are even louder than the DTS tracks...the STEREO tracks sound wimpy in comparison.

Once again we have a DEMO quality DVD.
smile.gif

JohnG

Looks like I will be picking this one up tomorrow!

I love this DVD...a nice aggresive dts mix. One thing.. There is no lfe channel use. The bass is strong but nothing from the sub. If you like INXS this is a no-brainer.

bobou2 said:
I love this DVD...a nice aggresive dts mix. One thing.. There is no lfe channel use. The bass is strong but nothing from the sub. If you like INXS this is a no-brainer.
Not only is there no sub channel but the music portions have no center channel either (at least on disc 1). The only sound from the center channel comes during the stories that come before each video. I like the sound very much though. Nice and full.

Anybody know why cdwow and play dont have this in stock yet ? Cant seem to find much about it anywhere :eek:

M

Back