INXS I'm Only Looking

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terry

My Denon 2910 will only play bass when I select Multi-Channel for this DVD. Any idea why I don't get bass when I select DVD? Also, where is the center channel on this pup? This is my second copy, as I thought my first one was defective. Grrrr.

terry said:
My Denon 2910 will only play bass when I select Multi-Channel for this DVD. Any idea why I don't get bass when I select DVD? Also, where is the center channel on this pup? This is my second copy, as I thought my first one was defective. Grrrr.

I have a Denon 2910 too and I have no problem at all playing this DVD (whatever I choose as the audio track).

You don't specify which surround track you're trying to play, however (DD or DTS ?).

I have not heard about such a defect btw.

YmSeb said:
I have a Denon 2910 too and I have no problem at all playing this DVD (whatever I choose as the audio track).

You don't specify which surround track you're trying to play, however (DD or DTS ?).

I have not heard about such a defect btw.

Thanks. Out of curiousity, are you getting a center channel? BTW, neither DD or DTS work, just the multi-channel selection, which of course offers neither choice.

terry said:
Thanks. Out of curiousity, are you getting a center channel? BTW, neither DD or DTS work, just the multi-channel selection, which of course offers neither choice.
Sorry for the delay of the answer, but I needed to get the opportunity to check.

I don't get any center channel during the songs, whatever the surround track is (DD or DTS). Neither a LFE channel !

It looks like a 4.0 mix (which is good for music ;) )

HOWEVER, the center channel is used when band members talk between the songs. Their voice is then ONLY on this channel.

Why were you asking that ?

Anyway, I really don't see where your problem is :confused:

A defective copy looks highly unlikely since it was not reported here before, and since you tried out two copies...

Anyway, there was not a lot of opinions posted in its appreciation thread (https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5395). Do not hesitate to do so if you get it working !

There was some more posts in that thread (https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3472) just when the DVD was released, but nothing helpful for you :(

Last edited:
Anyway, I really don't see where your problem is :confused:

My problem is when I attempt to play this disc using my Denon 2910, the only way the INXS DVD will play is when I use the multi-channel selection, not the DVD selection, which I always use when playing DVDs. By being limited to the multi-channel selection, I cannot choose between DD and DTS, thus, I'm not convinced I'm experiencing the fully range of sound that the INXS DVD provides.]

Back